Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sally had pups!

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Cavalierlover123, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Hi guys remember Sally the stray, but actually turned out to be my neighbours dog!! I just heard she had five puppies!! :)

2. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

I remember!! Ooooo cute pups!!! :)

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww we need puppy pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,:D :D

4. Cavalierlover123

dunno if i'll be able to get pics just yet. Might get some one of the days! dont want to over excite sally, as she gets very excited when she sees me. she wont be down for a while to play with us!:(

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

yes wait afew weeks until she is fed up with her babies, and then take some pictures,hee hee hee,:thumbsup: :thumbsup: if shes out the way ,she wont know you have taken any,lol,

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw that's lovely news :)

7. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

How sweet! :D
    Hope mummy and the pups are doin well!

Chloe x

8. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

What lovely news! Hope Sally & her pups are all doing well

9. Cavalierlover123

I met my neighbour last night and he gave me pics of sally and pups, he was just about to drop them down to me when i met him!:)
    I said i would love to see Sally and her pups but that i wouldnt want to upset her and confuse her. So he gave me pics instead! their gorgeous, the daddy must have been a jrt? One is black and tan, one is all brown,(is hiding behind the others on the right) then theres two black and white and one brown and white.
    I'll put the pics up later when i figure how to get developed pics up lol

#9 Cavalierlover123, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  10. Cavalierlover123

Heres pics of the five pups:

[​IMG]

Sally looking very thin now!

[​IMG]

I scanned the pics on my printer thats why theres a big white gap! sorry lol

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Lovely pups, but i hope they get her neutered after this.

12. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Is this the stray that kept coming in your back garden? So I guess it's no surprise that the owner doesn't bother to care when she comes into season :mad: No wonder there's such a massive rescue problem in Ireland.

I'm afraid I can't see any good in this situation at all. I too hope he gets her spayed, although from what I've heard I would doubt it.

Perhaps you could try to persuade him.

13. Cavalierlover123

Yes this is the stray that kept coming to my garden that i had for nearly 2weeks.
    He is getting her spayed after the pups are weaned, There isnt really a massive rescue problem compared to england.Well not really where i live.

14. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Are you kidding ? There is a horrendous rescue problem in Ireland - far, far worse than the England. I've been involved in several rescues that bring dogs from Ireland to the UK for rehoming to at least keep alive some of the dogs and find them homes over here.

Most of the problem is caused by the attitudes of dogs owners. They let their dogs stray, won't neuter them and then they become pregnant - just like it appears to have happened to your neighbour's dog. In fact, it is such a big problem that the government introduced a free spay/neuter service and still people don't take it up and get thier dogs done.

15. Cavalierlover123

I live in a small area, thats why im saying there isnt really a problem here in my area. There would be in dublin or other large areas.
    I know its awful that she wasnt neutered yet, but they are going to neuter her(well thats what he said).
    I havent met a stray dog before, this was the first that came wandering to my house.

16. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I'm afraid the problem is throughout and not just in the big cities. Your neighbour is a typical example.

However, that's not your fault and am glad to hear that he/she is getting this poor girl spayed. I just hope that the same thing isn't repeated with these poor pups as is usually the case.

#16 Dundee, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Couldnt agree more! Im so sick of accidental matings but this takes it to a knew level! I mean in season bitches wondering the streets god help that little dogs if a larger breed got hold of her :eek:ut:

I hope the owner will do the reposible thing and get her spayed (But he doesnt sound resposible so doubt that he will)

and that the pups find resposible owners, nothing like the breeder

Cute puppies though but then all puppies are

18. Cavalierlover123

Thank you, your right its not my fault, i just wanted to post pics as a few pf members asked for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice