Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Salivating - Millie

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Today I have noticed that Mille is salivating a lot. Since she has been sitting on the sofa with me today I have seen bubble of saliva coming out of her wee mouth. I am not sure if this is to be expected or not. I haven't seen it with her before.
    She does make chewing movements with her mouth a lot but someone said she would do that due to having had the dental problems. Maybe the chewing movements cause the saliva ? i dunno. I just haven't noticed them before. I think her dental was about 2 weeks ago so i don't expect it is her teeth. any advice greatly accepted - thanks x.

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

sorry i cant really offer any help jaxs, is she perky?

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Yeah Emzy, she's great. She's eating and still being very cheeky. I put her upstairs for the night as I am going to do a few things and go to bed very early. When I go into her room - she runs a 100 mph to me to see if I have food for her - she is not doing that the past few days and not scoffing her food just as quickly, but she is eating.
    I did google the drooling and all I got was stuff about malocclusion. That a bunny that drools is in pan and they need operating. Millie has malocclusion but as I said she was operated on a few weeks ago?
    Not sure what is going on :confused:

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

The last time I took mine to the vets Lottie was dribbling lots which i had never seen before- she had quite a lot on her chest and there was a little wet patch in front of her but the vet said they do that when scared and as soon as we got her home she was fine -was Millie scared at all? Lottie also breathes fast when scared and shakes sometimes...she really does not like going to the vet!

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Could she have something caught in her throat? Not sure about buns but when a rat starts drooling and dribbling, they're usually trying to dislodge something in their throat.

6. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks gang. I emailed the rabbit person from where I got Millie. She too said that bunnies can drool when stressed. I bring Millie downstairs every-time I am home. She is usually very chilled and flops on her side to sleep. For some reason, I have felt for the past 5 days or so that she might not be as chilled out as she usually is. She seems to just sit on the sofa beside and and not flop or lie flat out legs stretched out. Sometimes she does - but not as must as she did. Perhaps she is not comfortable with me now for some reason? I can't think of anything that has happened for her to feel stressed.
    I have a cat and Millie will walk up to her and sniff. Lucy the cat has not attacked Millie though when Lucy comes into the living room, Millie will tend to sit up as she knows the can has come in. I pet Millie's head and she lies down again. I hope she is not stressed because I have her downstairs.
    The person from sanctuary also said that there may be ulceration from the last dental that is causing the drooling. She said to take her to vet to be checked over if it continues :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice