Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Salivary gland swollen and rat poison in my cat.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Angel Rangelov, Sep 9, 2021.

?

Will my cat survive?

1. Maybe yes.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Maybe not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Angel Rangelov

Angel Rangelov PetForums Newbie

My cat has been sleeping to much for two weeks. She does not want to eat but she drinks a cow milk. The vet told me that she has eaten a poisoned mouse. My cat got three injections and then got better. Then her throat was swollen on the left. She got injections for the salivary gland. The swelling on the left side has gone but now it is swelling on the right side of the throat. The vet gave me vitamin K for her. She lost appetite a month ago and she is seven years old. What can I do?
    Thank you in advance.

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Continue to follow your vet's advice. If you have questions about the treatment and when she will begin to feel better call your vet and ask. Keep her inside to prevent any more exposure to poison or poisoned animals.

I have asked a moderator to move your thread to the correct section.

OrientalSlave and Angel Rangelov like this.
  3. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I had a cat who was poisoned on two occasions by, presumably, eating a poisoned mouse (she was a great hunter) and she survived both times with no apparent long-term effects. Both times I was able to get her to the Vet quickly and she was treated with vitamin K.

So don’t give up hope yet.

Angel Rangelov likes this.
  4. Angel Rangelov

My cat survived! Thank you for giving me hope! I have to give her five more times vitamin K.
    Bye!

Treaclesmum likes this.
  5. Angel Rangelov

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice