Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Saint Bernard mated with Boston Terrier...

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Nana's Saint Bernards, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Nana's Saint Bernards

Nana's Saint Bernards PetForums Newbie

I am very concerned.
    A breeder I know, but do not respect, told me yesterday that she went outside and found her young male Saint Bernard(8 months, 120 lbs) tied with her female Boston Terrier(maybe 15-20 lb). Is this even possible?? Really??
    She breeds the Saints, Boston, and Great Danes. She breeds just for the money and the conditions in that trailer are deplorable. I only went in once, and the smell... oh geez, I can't even describe the smell. At one time she did a cross breeding and created Saint Danes.
    I mention these things because she is a filthy backyard breeder, and she would try anything for the money. And yes, I spoke with the town's Animal Control Officer in February. He acknowledged that she is over-breeding and in-breeding. I also emailed the ASPCA. Obviously, nothing has been done. I'm not sure what else to do. My heart breaks for these dogs..
    What I need to know is, if a natural mating between these two dogs is possible. Could it happen??
    I hate to think that she might have done this horrible thing(and put her Boston in extreme danger) on purpose.

2. Nana's Saint Bernards

Attached Files:

3. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Unfortunately yes, it is possible, though I'm surprised the boston wasn't injured during the mating. And yes, it's extremely dangerous for the female.

I'm guessing you're in the US based on some references to AC and the ASPCA.
    If you are in a city/town, check your town ordinances on licencing and number of dogs allowed on one property. I'd talk with any of your local rescues or low cost spay/neuter clinics too. Let them know what's going on and ask them if they have any suggestions for approaches to take. They're usually good about knowing what route to go in that area.

SusieRainbow and LinznMilly like this.
  4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

In the UK we would let the tax man know about her.

5. Nana's Saint Bernards

She has a breeders license, which is an easy thing to get here in Maine, but she has never been inspected.

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

If the pregnancy isn't aborted, the bitch will most likely die.

7. Nana's Saint Bernards

Yeah. That's what I thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice