Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sailor swimming ,:o)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sailor, May 1, 2011.

1. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Had Sailor out for a morning walk to the ponds today, as it has been awhile since he went for a swim :D
    As soon as he saw the water, he ran full pelt into it and went for a swim... for no other reason, other than for a swim

[​IMG]

Then he got hyper and did alot of running back and forth ( i think he ingested a few tadpoles while he was swimming lol )

[​IMG]

And just because I thought it was cute, here he is waiting for his little slow human friend :D

[​IMG]

I had gone out early, to avoid the heat and bumbing into too many dogs, as Sailor is going through "that stage" and he has started to go slightly deaf, poor dog :rolleyes:

But I didn`t count on seeing some cyclists... in full gear, of lycra, sunshades, helmets etc etc ... they were just around a corner, on a narrow bridge and as Sailor ran around the bridge, he saw them, froze, stood guard... and blocked them from getting too close to me... as if I needed protecting from these weird creatures.

He wasn`t being aggressive, just standing very alert on guard.

I had to call him back to me and then chat to the cyclist as if they were old buddies... Sailor then started to wag his tail wildly and he even begged for a fuss ... which he got from the very friendly cyclists :D
    On the way back over the fields to head home, I put Sailor on the lead as I always do, to avoid him running off to greet lunch time walkers just entering the field... we had two lurchers make a bee line for us, with their chav owners in hot pursuit.
    I could tell the dogs were young and very friendly, so I wasnt botheredd at all... just alittle embarressed, as Sailor was trying to dislocate my shoulder trying to get to them to play aswell :eek:

The chavs caught up with their dogs and very kindly apologised about their enthusiastic dogs and went on their way :D

These are the kind of relaxed walks I like :D

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Aww Sailor's lovely :)

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Looks like he had a great time :).

4. DougGeneration

DougGeneration PetForums Junior

Oh sailor.... You are definitely something! :p

5. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I love the pics , but especially the one of him running on the boards :D

6. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

Aaaaw! He's gorgeous. What a great walk!

7. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Thank you peeps,
    I thought it would have been enough of a walk for him to have a nap, but his just lay on his bed, looking at me, as if his ready for more :rolleyes:
    Might take him out for a afternoon wood walk later, if the sun hides behind a cloud or two :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice