Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sailor has learnt ....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sailor, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

.... how to open the back door and get back in :D
    Now I wouldn`t normally be impressed... but with this back door, you have to hold the handle down and then push pretty hard on the door, with the handle still as far down as it will go, before it will open.
    It can be tricky.. there have been a few times when my daughter can`t even get in lol

So his impressed me, that dogs got brains :D

He stands on his back legs, and leans all his body weight onto the door, while he tries to get his front paws around the handle and pull it down and hold it long enough to fall through the door and get in :D

2. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

:lol: Clever Boy!
    My mums dog is amazing with doors too, Knows exactly which one needs what treatment, Jack well he just barks at Sunny to open them for him.. He has high opinions of himself and feels he needs a butler :lol:

3. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

Brilliant!

now he just needs to learn how to scoop up his poop and sling it in the bin and when he has he can teach all the other doggies.... :001_smile:

4. niki

niki PetForums Senior

This had me laughing out loud!! :lol:

5. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

lol sounds like Jack has Sunny trained perfectly

I wish ... when he sees me picking up his poop, he looks at me like his disgusted with me :rolleyes:
    Sometimes, he even tries to run away from me, as if his ashamed to be seen with someone who collects poop

6. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

Spluttered my wine out!

7. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

Haha! smart little doggies! :) We have had to take the kitchen towel off the lower cupboard door handle as Benjie would pull it open and bark at me to get him a treat! :) and his partner in crime Oscar would be sitting behind him wagging his tail like mad waiting for one! :) so now he has to come and tap me with his paw to ask for one! :) He's to smart for his own good sometimes! hehe!

8. Both my dogs can open all the doors in ouw house! I am half considering replacing all the handles with knob:Ds that you have to turn!:D

9. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

They will find a way !!!
    You might aswell, give up now and just put dog flaps on all the doors :D

Sailors already been trying his new found skill on the kitchen to hallway door and toilet door, much to my totaly amusement :rolleyes:
    The kitchen-hallway door is a pull on, not a push one tho, so 10/10 for Sailors persistant, his convinced he can bend the laws of physics :D It WILL BECOME A PUSH DOOR IT WILL !!!

10. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

Lol yup, JRT + cats = dog who takes himself out to the toilet then back in :D

11. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Have you tried turning the handles upside down so you push up instead of down to open them? This has cured Bizkit of his door opening skills :) but it took my old dog about 10 mins to work out the handle needed to go up instead of down :rolleyes:

12. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Sounds like a fantastic idea, but there is one flaw..... I will end up forgetting about this and become trapped in the rooms myself :eek:

13. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Dont speak to soon as Sunny can open a pull door too, Mums thinking of as Metaldog said, turning the handles round but feels he'll probably crack it :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice