Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

saggy belly help

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by steph88, May 3, 2011.

1. steph88

steph88 PetForums Newbie

i just pick up a choc labrador they said she had breed twice but her belly is really saggy just wondering if anyone could help can her belly be toned up and how or is their any help we can give her shes 5yrs old and looks very worn out but she is very loving any help please xxx

2. pearltheplank

pearltheplank PetForums VIP

I guess it would depend on wether her belly is saggy due to litters

My girl had a saggy belly but that was due to me overfeeding:eek:, cut down the food and she toned up nicely. How is your new girls weight?

3. steph88

steph88 PetForums Newbie

she does not look over weight it looks like shes like it due to litters it looks like she not had one that long ago what they have done to her is so upsetting she looks so worn out :( just dont know how long it takes to tone back up taking her out twice a day what food would be better for her?

4. pearltheplank

I have never bred so not sure on timescales. What food is she eating now?

5. steph88

steph88 PetForums Newbie

she on pedigree

6. rona

rona Guest

Try putting this question on the breeding section :)

7. pearltheplank

Hmm, wet or dry? TBH there are many much better foods out there. Other people will chip in I'm sure. No suggestions really as I feed raw, sorry

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I would try get her off Pedigree and get her onto a good quality dog food, mine are on Iams. There are other good quality foods out there and someone else will come along and suggest another type food to buy :D My dogs are chihuahua's and eat very little. ;)
    It will prob take a while for her little belly to get back into shape if she have had a litter recently. Gentle exercise, not too many treats or she will store fat. Have you had her checked over by your vet since having her. Hope someone can come along and give you some more advice, good luck.xxx

9. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Try putting her onto something like Iams light and getting her out there exercising - if you have a beach - it's very good for helping firm the tummy up.

It's unlikely she will ever have a nice neat tum - some bitches just don't - my eldest has had 2 litters and is quite saggy (although the sea has helped - her daughter OTOH was back in pre-pregnancy shape by 12 weeks - and looking at her now, you would never guess she's had a litter.

10. bubbles88

bubbles88 PetForums Junior

My two do really well on wainwrights dry, do you live near a PETS AT HOME? they do a free nutritional consultation and you get a free bag of food with it, i took my two today and the lady was very helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice