Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Safety window screen.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by H.M, Dec 19, 2020.

1. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

Hi
    I would like to get a window safety screen so that Danbi, the little kitten, will not escape through the front window when it gets warmer when the window will be open. He will have access through the back window to the catio when I get one. I saw one few months ago but I can't find it again. I would like one with a zip so I can open the window easily and to let my other cat out.

Any suggestions on good ones? What do you have? Ideally I would like it to be £15 or less.

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I don't know any with zips unless you have them custom made. We've got these which are very easy to install and have very strong velcro fixing. They are brilliant and can definitely recommend. They are a bit more expensive than you want but they've lasted about five years so far so you get what you pay for :)

http://flatcats.co.uk/

pennycat likes this.
  3. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

4. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

@Charity
    Thanks. I think what you suggested is really good and I might get that. But before I buy it I want to ask the more you open and close the screen to open the window will the velcro become less effective or remain the same and stick well together.
    Thanks

Charity likes this.
  5. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Well, I open mine every day during the summer and sometimes at other times and it is still working OK after five years. It should last you a few years, though if you're letting one of your cats in and out through it, it will get more use.

6. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I can recommend the flatcats that @Charity suggested.
    Mine is in constant use in the warmer months as I like to leave the window open all night.
    They are tailored to your window specs. Customer service was great too.

pennycat likes this.
  7. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

I ordered a screen for our balcony door from flat cats http://flatcats.co.uk/ and it seems really good so far :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice