Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Saddle query

Discussion in 'Horse Tack and Equipment' started by Andrea Crocker, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Andrea Crocker

Andrea Crocker PetForums Newbie

Hi all. My thouroubred horse 16.1 needs a new saddle. I've located one his size. Would a treeless western saddle saddle fit him?

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

You need to get a proper saddle fitter out to fit a saddle for your horse. TB normally need a narrower saddle but every horse is different and different saddle brands fit differently. Treeless don’t have a tree (obviously!) but don’t suit each horse, so it’d be worth getting someone knowledgable to check it on your horse. You need to make sure the saddle doesn’t go past the last rib of the horse too.

Ringypie and kimthecat like this.
  3. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

Please get a proper saddle fitted out! You can cause so much damage and pain with a badly fitting saddle. The worst saddle sore I have ever seen was caused by a treeless - the owner had a high withered horse and he put a totally unsuitable saddle on her. Her entire withers were rubbed to a bloody mess which took over 3 months to heal....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice