UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why I'm posting this, just to share I guess.

Twelve days ago a local man went missing form the local hospital. He had cephalitis, swelling of the brain and was confused. Supposedly in his confused state he deliberately 'escaped' and went into hiding.
In these days of Facebook and twitter, the local community really pulled together and many searches have taken place alongside the formal police searches. He was an ex policeman and known to have trained survival skills so there was more hope than maybe would be usual.
We adapted our weekend walks to help search remoter local areas, etc.

Today came the news that his body has been found. So very very sad, for his family. How on earth do you cope with losing you Dad in that way.

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
ahh, what a shame :( it's so sad when something like that happens - it's scary to think that any of us could end up like that, you just never know :(

That poor man and his family x

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats so sad :(
ahh, what a shame :( it's so sad when something like that happens - it's scary to think that any of us could end up like that, you just never know :(

Thank you both for posting.

The community support has been awe inspiring. So many people trying to help. Just so sad there was no happy ending.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That really is sad :(

I always find it amazing how communites draw together in these situations - so many people don't even know their own neighbours, but are willing to help them in times of need.

I hope his family can take a little comfort in the support shown to them - what an awful time for them :(
Me too, FB alone has 6000 people on the page and hundreds of wishes.
Thx Hon x

·
Premium Member
33,946 Posts

That's so true we never know what's round the corner do we.

so sad for his family

RIP

·
Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)
26,063 Posts
aw i didnt know they'd found his body, so sad:(, his poor family must be distraught.

·
Still missing my boys
42,322 Posts
We had the same happen here back in the summer.
Lady went missing, community joined the searches, helicopters every where.
She was found 10 days later, dead in a piece of woodland I'd walked through several times :(

I felt sad but also a little guilty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.