Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sad news

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by lilac2020, Aug 29, 2020.

1. lilac2020

lilac2020 PetForums Junior

I found Harold's body in the filter. I am heartbroken and confused. The filter is aquael asap internal filter and came with the fish tank. It is very gentle with no suction. I just cannot understand how Harold got in there. I was treating the tank with king British white spot control. Just one hour before I found Harold he was swimming around normally. I tested the water and found 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 nitrates. Does anybody have any idea what could have caused Harold to die?

2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

So sorry to hear about Harold..

I went back through your post history to reacquaint myself with Harold's history. Looks like you got him on the 18th, and he developed suspected whitespot 2 days later?

Tell me more about that. What exactly made you suspect whitespot/ICH? Was he responding to treatment?

lilac2020 likes this.
  3. lilac2020

lilac2020 PetForums Junior

I saw tiny white spots on one side of his body. I looked it up and found it was a symptom of ich. I ordered the treatment right away. That evening he kept rubbing against his coconut hut so I realised he was itchy. After one day of applying the treatment he no longer displayed any signs of itching.

Thank you for replying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice