UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Just to let you all know that Nala my Birman (some of you may have seen a previous thread regarding her) went into early labour this morning at only 5 weeks pregnant.

She is currently with the vet who is trying to delay labour and save these little babies but it's really not looking good :(

I will update when I know more but sat at home waiting for the phone to ring at the moment which is really killing me!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hope shes ok!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a phone call from the vets.

They have not been able to stop labour and she has given birth to 3 kittens.

One was stillborn and another died shortly after.

However one seems to be hanging in there!

It is very small but fully developed.
The vet has the kitten on a heat pad and is inserting a feeding tube to try and save this little one!

Fingers crossed now!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is doing very well.

She is very tired as you can imagine!

They are about to give her a scan and see if there are any more kittens as labour now seems to have stopped and then it's a case of waiting and seeing what happens.

The vet suspects that any other kittens remaining will ahve already died in which case it's a c-section to remove them but you never know.

I am trying not too put too much hope into the little one surviving as he/she is soooo early and the vet says it's a miracle simply that it's still alive now.

From looking at the kittens the vet estimates that they are 3 weeks early so she was a little more pregnant then we intially thought but 3 weeks is a long time in terms of a newborn kitten.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just saw your latest post which uploaded before I could finish my message. Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing this with us. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh how awful for you and mummy cat!! i do hope the little hangs on there!! hugs xxx

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The vet thinks that the early labour was due to her being a little young (11 months old) and it should not affect any future pregnancies which is good news.

Little one is still holding on, a pure white female.

G

·
I am hoping that this little kitten survives, and am sending positive thoughts for both the kitten and mum!
Not the right time maybe but did you puposely breed her at such a young age?
DT

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.