UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Not been here for a long time due to being really busy in RL

Last week my baby had to be PTS :frown2: this has broken my heart into a million pieces x he was 14 and was my best friend

I spoke to Noushka recently and her baby had died too :(

Any way I felt strong enough to post today x

Mel x

·
Registered
605 Posts
I read one of those e card thingies on FB a while ago....it said something about the best way to heal a broken heart after the death of a dog, is to get another dog.
It was a rescue centre thingy, but I still replied with 'but what if that pet broke your heart so badly, you feared it would never work to love another again?'

I guess that is what you are feeling right now, and I just wanted to say I know how you feel xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss, always so hard whatever the age, we never have them long enough do we? My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read one of those e card thingies on FB a while ago....it said something about the best way to heal a broken heart after the death of a dog, is to get another dog.
It was a rescue centre thingy, but I still replied with 'but what if that pet broke your heart so badly, you feared it would never work to love another again?'

I guess that is what you are feeling right now, and I just wanted to say I know how you feel xxxxxxxxxxx
One of my friends went straight out to get a new dog, I am looking but keep crying so I don't think I am ready yet x thanks for you comment really appreciate it xxx

Mel,

I am very sorry to hear your news. I do hope that you start to feel stronger, bit by bit.

xx
Thanks Dogless much appreciated xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss, always so hard whatever the age, we never have them long enough do we? My heart goes out to you.
Thank you hun x it seemed like a heart beat that he was here, never ever met a dog or person like him xxx

So sorry to hear your sad news x
Thanks Lola xx

So sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is always heartbreaking and something that never ever gets any easier, my heart goes out to you.
Thank you x x x

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vet was amazing, so kind and loving, after a company called Pet Cemetery came and collected him, they cremated him with in two days and I was able to collect him, they even snipped some of his hair and put it into a key ring for me, really thoughtful and something I didn't think about x

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh no, I'm so sorry :( Hope he is running free at the bridge x
He is in a small mahogany box by my bed, think that will be his favourite resting place GS xx no more pain no more stress for him xx just my tears now xx

·
Registered
703 Posts

Another dog can help you move on better. No dog will No dog can ever replace another dog but they can help you feel better when you are ready for another dog. In July I was in a serious car accident and lost my dog who was only 5 and I'd had him from a pup. He was my baby losing him was the most upsetting dog loss I've been through. As soon as I was told he'd died I wasn't bothered over another dog or anything but agreed to have 1. As I came to terms with losing him I started looking forward to getting a new pup. Since getting my new pup I have started being able to talk about the dog I lost and look at photos of him without getting upset.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Lost my best friend in January. I got a pup in April. I think what the previous poster said is true, once you can move on and get another the memories of your lost one will be sweeter and not so painful.

Getting a pup who's so full of energy made me realise it had been time for my old boy to go. He had become too old and tired to carry on.

My heart goes out to you. It's a hard time.

·
Premium Member
33,926 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, remember it's only the fur wrapping that has gone, the sprite is still beside you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.