Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sad Day

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KCTT, Apr 12, 2017.

1. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

A friend of mine is likely to have to say goodbye to her 15 year old boy tomorrow. They think he has a tumour and if confirmed with his age and tumour type the hardest decision may be the kindest. She has had him since 7 weeks I remember meeting him back then he is such a sweetie. Shed a tear or two today for her, for him and for Topsy. I have been back through the forum as I remember someone writing me a lovely poem that I will share with her tomorrow. Also reminded me what a great place this is when you need it the support I got was amazing, reading back through that thread I really welled up. Makes me look forward to the meet on the 22nd a bit more.

bluecordelia likes this.
  2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

That's very sad and never easy to deal with.

KCTT likes this.
  3. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

Oh no, how awful. Is he in pain with no quality of life left? It's the decision I can't even bear to think about. Your poor friend, I'm so sorry xxx

KCTT likes this.
  4. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

He is apparently still enjoying cuddles and chicken but dropping weight quite quickly.

5. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I am so sorry. no words can help, I will include your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

X

KCTT likes this.
  6. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Very very sad.
    I pray it will be quick and peaceful for them both.
    Do tell your friend we will be thinking of her.

KCTT likes this.
  7. popcornsmum

popcornsmum Popcorn relaxing!

:( That's so so sad bless him xx

KCTT likes this.
  8. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear this. Hope your friend has loads of love and cuddles with the time left. Hardest but kindest decision we have to make. I know the poem you're thinking about but can never read it as it always makes me cry.

KCTT likes this.
  9. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

One of the hardest and bravest decisions anyone can make.
    X

KCTT likes this.
  10. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone. The poem still makes me cry too @Gwen9244, in fact the whole thread and reminding myself of everyone's kind words made me cry too. I remember how I felt that day and I just feel so much for her not just today but the days to come. I will certainly let her know that people are thinking of her and her boy when I speak to her tomorrow. Today was hard trying to stay positive but realistic about what they are likely to hear tomorrow. The tumour is in his throat and they think tomorrow it will be confirmed its inoperable. I know these times are part of being a pet owner but they will always be the worst part.

Gwen9244 likes this.
  11. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

My heart goes out to your friend but I am sure that because she has a lovely cat friend like you that she can turn to will be a huge comfort.

KCTT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice