UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Russian Dwarf Sleeping

357 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Knighterist 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I purchased two baby male Russian Dwarf hamsters yesterday. They have obviously been sleeping all day, but even at this time now they’re sleeping.

If I turn the lights off then they come out but as soon as I put my little lamp on they go back away to sleep. I’m wondering how I’m meant to interact with them when they constantly sleep even with a little bit of artificial light, I can’t see in the dark so I can’t really begin to create much of a bond. Is this normal, has anyone got any tips?

#2 ·
I think for now just let them settle in, you mentioned you only got them recently so maybe they aren't used to the environment yet. Gonna guess maybe they feel a bit insecure for the time being so giving them some time to settle in and used to the light etc., though the more senior members may correct my guess :)
I have a dual mode light in my living room where my hamster resides and I notice the white light discourages him to come out whilst the yellower lighting is a bit more hamster friendly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.