Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Running a temperature

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rona, Jun 26, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Took Alfie out yesterday at 4pm we went to a wood and there was plenty of water, but he seemed to over heat, to the point that I poured a bucket of water over him (he wasn't happy with that).
    This morning I got up and he seemed fine, did our normal walk, he bounced around the rabbit field as usual, but again seemed to over heat.
    Well it's obvious now that he is running a bit of a temperature, he never makes a fuss about things so i know he's quite bad.
    His gums are fine and he seems quite bright, but short walk tonight and vet tomorrow if no better.
    Any ideas how I can make him feel a bit more comfy

2. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

woukd ring vet n ask re asprin...this would lower his temp but dont use unless they say its ok.
    Also electric fans are good n cay get them pretty cheaply nowadays. other than that spray coat lightly with water n the evaporation process would cool him.
    Extreme measure would be to clip off his coat:eek:
    cannot reply later as using work comp mine bust and am missing it bigstyle...will ck nxt wk to see how he gets on. Gd lk x

3. rona

rona Guest

Thanks for that, he seems a little better now but we are going to just do a quick poo walk in a minute and see how he is after that.
    I am lucky in that 5 mins up the road, we have a vet that is manned 24 hours a day, so I never have to fit him in to surgery hours

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice