Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Running a temperature

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Etienne, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

When I got up this morning Shadow seemed a little lethargic and his third eyelids were slightly closed, but he still eat his meal and allowed me to comb him and had a little play so I just assumed he was tired still. I got home late from work today and my Father said he didn`t really want to go outside and was laying around most of the day. So when I went and had a chat with him he really wasn`t interested and his third eyelids were covering half of his eye.
    10mins earlier I could have rushed him to my vet, so I had to take him to our emergency clinic. He was checked over and his heart and lungs were fine, but he was running a slightly above temperature. He was given anti biotic and an anti inflamatory injections and six days worth of anti biotic tablets to start tomorrow evening. I got home with him and when he was out of his carrier he wanted a cuddle :D Hopefully I will see some improovement tomorrow.

2. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Awwww get better soon Shadow!!! Hope its nothing too nasty and you have caught it early xxxxx

3. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

hope he gets beter soon xx!

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Poor Shadow,hope he is better soon.Well done for not hanging around,but getting him the help he needed.I know it would have been more expensive ,but, he got the help he needed,when he needed it.Paws crossed he is back on top form soon.

5. Etienne

When I got up at 5.30 this morning he looked fine and his eyes were open wide, he even chased Puss up and down the stairs. When I fed him an hour later he eat his meal okay then bought it all up again (hope no one is eating). Since then he has gone quiet again. I am at work now but my Father will keep an eye on him during the day. He wont be going out today.

6. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Awwwwww, the poor wee boy. Sometimes the ab's can make them feel a bit grim & that might be why he was sick. Hopefully, as the day goes on, he might start to feel a bit more lively and be able to keep some food down.

Big Get Well Soon vibes coming from Moggy Towers.

xxx

7. Etienne

Tonight should be fun as I have never needed to give him tables before lol :cryin:

8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Hope as the day goes on he feels a bit better,maybe he just ate to quickly on an empty tum.Good luck with the pill popping :eek: :D

9. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Oh poor Shadow I hope he gets better soon as said before it may be the AB's in your break i would phone your dad and see how he is and if no better give your vet a ring and see what he says ((((((( big hugs Shadow and family))))) keep us updated please

Viv xx

10. Etienne

Thanks for that Viv. I have been in contact with my dad and Shadow is upset that he cant go out and Puss Puss can. Typical kids lol

11. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw poor shadow! Hope he is better soon! Good luck with the tablet tonight x

12. Etienne

Well I have managed to give Shadow his tablets but it took one friendly scratch and three attempts. Hopefully I will be better at it tomorrow :w00t:

13. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Practise makes perfect :D.How is Shadow tonight,hope he is feeling a bit brighter.

14. Etienne

Not a happy little bunny. Most of the day he has slept. He has eaten some chicken which is good. If there is no improvement tomorrow I will have to think about taken him back to the vet, but it has only been 36hrs so I must give the anti biotics a chance to work on him.

15. Kittenfostermummy

Poor baby!! Have you seen 'pill-guns'?? It might make it a little easier for you to give him his tablets?!?

16. Kittenfostermummy

17. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

Awww I'm really sorry to hear Shadow is poorly. At least you spotted it early and hopefully the antibiotics will make him feel better. Pills are very stressful but worth it in the end. I have read (although not gospel so don't take my word for it) that putting a pill in a bit of yoghurt is a good way of doing it.

Sending get well vibes to Shadow I hope he feels better soon xxx

18. Etienne

Stupid me thought I would try it using my fingers first but I have got one but not used it yet :nonod:

19. Etienne

Thanks for info, I can see the logic behind it. Any particular flavor or just plain lol :w00t:

20. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

Jaffe goes bonkers for any kinda yoghurt on offer in particular vanilla yoghurt but I reckon just plain pro biotic would do the trick especially if he is on antibiotics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice