UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondered if theres anything i can put on the bottom of the run. reason i ask is the run and hutch are on the patio. its been damp recently coz of the weather and i dont want them getting sore hocks. obviously its got to be easy clean as tilly isnt as tidy in where she poops as pepper is :lol: (she is getting better though to be fair :D )

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
You could proberly put some astroturf down on top of the slabs :)

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Thanks hazy and seanmac - astroturf is an interesting idea.

One of our set ups is on the paio. We do what Bernie says - tarps on top and around 3 sides/ doesn't get wet, unless there is mega rain or snow. We use silver backed beach mats too. Keeps cold out, warmth in

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Not sure what its actually made of. Some buns will eat anything and everything. Others don't. But I do know some people do use it.

We just use tarpaulins over top and sides, big underbed storage boxes for litter trays in the runs/enclosures, and piles of straw in winter for extra warmth.

We also went to carpetwright and got a pile of large carpet squares - £1 each. Great for in our outdoor encloures and indoors, and cheap to replace.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I wouldnt use too much clear tarp/plastic as it'll act like a green house even with 1 end open.

Some rabbits are fine on paving all year round and others will get sore hocks, its worth checking them at least weekly.

A good thick layer of hay is the best thing to stop sore hocks if they do look sore.

I cover half the run with normal coloured tarp and if its going to rain very heavily. I put a clear acrylic panel on top of the rest of the run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.