Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Run fencing advise please!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by violets934, May 31, 2010.

1. violets934

violets934 PetForums Junior

Hello

Does anyone know a good supplier of large runs/fencing for bunnies (easy to move around)?

I have a giant continental house rabbit, but with the lovely summer days he loves to go out, I have had two runs and he has outgrown them both. I let him loose in the garden only being watched, but we have such a big garden he is a terror to catch afterwards.

Any ideas you can help me with :confused1:

2. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Hello :D

My big lop Bebe is the same! She outgrew any run and could only go in the garden if i watched her... Sooo we came up with an idea... We have a 12ft trampoline stand and i wouldnt be using the trampoline much this summer, so we turned it upside down and fixed chicken wire from B&Q around it. ITs too heavy to get under and the chicken wire is 1 metre tall so she cant jump over it :D Its obviously 12ft around and huge to her! :D IT can also be moved around easy!

Just an idea if you have one :D If not then chicken wire from B&Q (£25 for 10m x 1m high) (cheaper if B&Q have a deal on like they did when i got some) Then some metal poles that dig into the ground with tent pegs to pin the loose bits down. They can be moved around and shaped how u like :D x

3. violets934

Great thank you for your ideas, that sounds a great plan :thumbup:

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

5. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

6. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Ah ok :thumbup:

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

is your garden secure and and is their somewhere he can hide from any bird of pray? (not that they would bother with a massive rabbit) and are there any cocky foxes in your area? if its very safe to leave him in the garden then i would just let him have the full lot. What you need to do it train him to come indoors with food, my rabbits come when i call them, tap on the floor or shake a treat ball, it makes life so much easier and before they know it their safe again

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

I wouldnt personally let my bunnies freerange without supervision, cats can also get in and terrify buns/injure them. Foxes are always a danger whether you've ever seen them in your area before or not, they wont be far away and will do anything for easy food even in the middle of the day.

9. violets934

The trouble is our garden is huge, I can guarantee its dog proof but not rabbit, also we are right in the middle of the countryside with fields all round and yes there are foxes about.

I have managed to find a run exactly the same as he had and hinge them together, the top is covered over and he loves it, safe, happy bunny now :thumbup:

Thank you for everyones feedback on this :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice