UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Definitely looks like he's enjoying that.

Good idea about using it for his meals, I sometimes put raw mince in Lucky's and freeze. It keeps her busy for a while :D

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Bless him, they are a bit expensive but i think they are sooo worth it they last for ever and keep my two buisy for hours. I usually wedge a big treat in the hole at the bottom so theyhave to work at getting that out first to then get at whats inside.

Tis a really good idea to put his dinner in it though, he wont have to worry bout his wate line! :D Its easy to give it as extra but i usually forget to balance it out at dinner time. :eek:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I bought a kong for grizzler and he had no interested once the food was down to less than cm in so cupboarded it, untillll little miss naughty pants came along and now she has her kong ONLY if we are going out for an hour plus.. like yesterday my parents took us for dinner for 2.5 hours so she had her naturediet in it mixed with natural yogurt and topped with some primula cheese and frozen.. it was empty when we got home dont know how long it took her to empty it.

she gets all excited when she sees it and runs to her crate as she knows thats where she has it, its lovely having something she is excited about when we leave her.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yeh I was worried about him getting porky if he has has breakfast and then a Kong full of pastey stuff, and then his dinner too.. So I figured i'll bulk it out with his normal food and then make it extra tasty with some wet food then he's not going to be over eating. Today's Kong kept him amused for a good hour and he's slept all afternoon when he was finished with it.. It's the best £14 I ever spent.. well, and about £60 for loads of packets of wet food all in different flavours so he doesn't get bored of the same thing.. but I have gone a bit overboard and think i've got about 100 sachets coming. That should keep him going a while :D
Im sure it will keep him going for a while, his eyes will brighten up when he sees all that food. Tis a really good idea to mix it in one. I give mine peanut butter, cheese spread or meat past in theirs then put treats in and shake it so they stick to the sides, they sit crying while im doing it.:rolleyes:
I bet rufus thinks its the beat thing too, and most yummy! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.