Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ruff Deal?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sallyanne, Feb 19, 2008.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Great article. Hope plenty of people get to see it.

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

its very sad, ..........we had staffs years ago, and they were very gentle and brilliant with the kids,,

4. AJ

AJ Guest

Took this from the comments bit of the BBC site:

These dogs should be banned full stop. They are like walking around with a loaded gun. My puppy was attacked by one recently, a five-month-old cocker. Did the Staffy just bite? No! It bit and clamped on and would not let go. I had my hands in the Staffie's mouth but could not release its jaws from my puppy's leg, even with all my might. My hands were obviously cut and I have a vet's bill for hundreds of pounds for repair to my dog's leg. They are dangerous. Even my vet is sick of treating other animals attacked by them. Who buys them? People who want to be hard. I don't need a dog for that...
    Stuart, Gloucester

This guy kind of admits its down to the owner at the end, yet still blames the breed! Why should the breed be banned so responsible owners suffer? There should be tighter controls on who owns dogs not which breeds are allowed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice