Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ruby just brought a live rat into the house!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, May 3, 2010.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

She just come wandering into the house with a fecking rat in her gob and dropped it on the living room rug, there it was writhing about on the floor in all its glory :scared: :scared:

Pretty good work for an elderly blind dog though, christ knows how she caught it!!

2. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

OMFG!!! I would have had a heart attack. My wee puppy had a dead rat in his mouth couple of weeks ago, he found it in the garden (live next to lots of fields in the country). Thank god it was my oh outside with them, before he came running in to the house with it - mind you I never went outside for days after without looking for rats.
    Good on your blind dog though, obviously not that silly :)

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

My mum was running round screaming going "GET A BOX GET A BOX" pmsl!!

my dad had to take it outside and kill it. We had a field at the back of our house until houses got built on it, and that's flushed all the rats out and they've taken up residence in everyone's gardens now instead :rolleyes:

we've got a bloke from the council coming round tomorrow to put some more rat poison down, we're gonna ring the vet in the morning to ask their advice as well but last time the rat bloke came out, he said the poison they use is unlikely to affect the dogs if they were to catch one, but we'll have another word with him and ring the vet tomorrow anyway.

Gonna have to de-flea them both as well as there were bloody fleas bouncing across the floor from it :(

yucky!!

4. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i saw a dead rat once that was bigger than my dads farm cat, and hes massive

rats are awesome :D

5. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

I wouldn't have been sitting in my living room if there was a rat, I hate them, haha.
    We phoned the vets when Bracken had one in his mouth, although it was dead, they said aslong as he didn't bite the rat then it should be ok, but to give him flea stuff, which we did! You've got to watch because alot of the poison that people put down can posion cats and dogs, I can't put any down as I've got cats and dogs.

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Yeah we've put the poison well out of the way of the dogs - we have two and a lot of cats in our area, as well as hedgehogs and stuff so we have been very careful where we put the poison. There's a couple of obvious rat holes that lead under the decking, so we've taken a section of the decking up and put it under there, the holes are only big enough for rats to get in and out of so nothing else can be affected by it :)

They're awesome until they come in your house and spread their fleas and creepy crawlies everywhere, gonna have to bath and de-flea the dogs now.

I love pet rats but they don't have diseases or creepy crawlies living in them like the type we get :rolleyes:

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i know. i was on about wild rats :D

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Wild rats are nasty beasties (not like my little Echo!:D). I remember having rats in the loft as a child, they were mutants who ate rat poison like it was McDonalds and were impossible to kill. One night after hearing a thump we investigated and found one had fallen from the partially open loft hatch. It then proceeded to run straight up my father's pajama leg!!:eek:
    He totally lost it, trying to bludgeon this rat as it kept climbing further up and we all wet ourselves laughing!!BOL:lol:
    *sigh* happy days...:cool:

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aaargh thank god nothing like that happened!

They really do seem impossible to get rid of! We've had them for a couple of years now, they're a nightmare.

....and to make things worse, the neighbours are saying they want to get chickens :rolleyes: that will make the problem 10 times worse with all that chicken feed everywhere :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice