Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

rubbing goldfish

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by crazyfish, Jul 19, 2009.

1. crazyfish

crazyfish PetForums Newbie

Hi for past few days I notice that some of my fancy goldfish sometimes rub on the gravel & what not.
    I tested water that's all fine, did big water change using gravel also.
    But still every now & then they do this. There are no other signs at all of illness of any kind.
    I've been racking my brain does anyone think that a bad batch of water condioner could do this?
    As a rule i ve been using prime, a few days again I opened a new bottle this started at simler time does anyone think poss before I run out buy more stuff.

There's is nothing on the fish ick & so on their swiming eating & active like they always are.

Cheers in advance

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Gill flukes (small parasites) can be a cause of fish flashing (rubbing) against the gravel and ornaments in the tank. The best thing to do is to purchase a good anti external parasite fish treatment available from most good aqautic shops. Pets at Home even stock a few good ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice