UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving near the local park and a little Yorkshire Terrier walked into the road and sat there and a car came speeding round the corner and knocked the dog over looked back shrugged and drove off, when this little dog was full of blood and rolling around in pain. My Dad went and got the dog and wrapped it in an old jumper and put damp flannels on the wounds to help, read the dogs tag and took it back to its owners house. What a lovely owner :rolleyes: My Dad explained the situation and the owner said "I hope you didn`t hit it," and shut the door :rolleyes: Oh well I don`t care as long as that poor doggie is safe. I got really annoyed though when the car driver KNEW she hit the poor dog and thought of it as nothing and just drove off anyway :rolleyes: :mad:
Was gonna take it vets but the owners house was closer and the owner might want a different vet, or different treatments to be used.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Oh dear what an insensitve response on the owner's part. Lets hope it was the shock. What a kind and generous thing to do. A plague on the offending driver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear what an insensitve response on the owner's part. Lets hope it was the shock. What a kind and generous thing to do. A plague on the offending driver.
Yeah probably, did feel sorry for her, it can`t be nice hearing your dogs just been hit

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I bet you wished you had taken him to the vet given that reaction! Vets have a fund that can cover basic care if this happens so would have received minimal treatment whether she decided to use them or another one.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I have a yorkie and found it so sad that someone would do that-owner and driver. Bit off topic but when I found an injured hedgehog my vet took them in to care for it, so have no doubt they would care for an injured dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.