Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RSPCA home check?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Maiisiku, May 28, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

What do they check for? I'm hopefully getting a home inspection soon as I need to get the ball rolling for a certain cat that I hope to adopt from them. They have said I can have her as long as I pass home inspection. As far as I know she is an indoor cat.

So they wouldn't want to look outside would they? I have a seperate cat litter tray for her and one spare just incase. I will buy seperate bowls for her when I know we are getting her. We have a big cat tree, toys etc. As we already have a cat which we got from someone who had to rehome her cats. I've had Bailey for 6 months and she seems very content. But she's scared of new people.

I really hope this goes well.

2. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

hi,

Hope it goes well. We were told about a home check from RSPCA when we were thinking of taking home Valerie. She was mostly an indoor cat but they wanted to see the area and if we had a garden anyway and if the home was safe in general.

I think its a proceedure for rehoming so they're in good care (which I'm sure yours will be)

:thumbup:

3. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Ok. Well we have a garden, the thing I'm concerned about is we are a 5 min walk (about 4 streets up from us) from a main road so they might say no. This is mainly why Bailey is an indoor cat and why the cat that I am hoping to adopt would be indoor too. We have other cats in the area who are absolutly fine that are outdoor. My landlord is about 90% sure he'll say yes to a second cat, it's just it's kind of urgant as one of my friends had to take her cat back to the RSPCA and I am hoping to adopt her :) We don't have a catflap as Bailey is indoor. Our street is genrally very quiet with little trafic.

4. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

sounds fine to me but they'll want to take notes probably.
    They do it even with parrots and they're not outdoor animals as such when they are a pet.

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Sorry cant remember its been 17 yrs since we had one but the lass that came round just took one look at the other cats lounging all over the place :rolleyes: & asked me to do home checks for them :eek: I could'nt at the time & would probably be hopeless as would want credit checks & crb's done etc ;)

Im sure it will all go well dont worry to much & good luck hope you have another set of paws soon :thumbup:

6. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

when they came out to see us all they done was sit in the living room and tell us what was involved in the process of picking her up and make sure we knew how to care for her properly but she just took one look at twix and said she wasn`t gonna waste her breath so played with him instead lol never even asked about the garden

i really really hope you pass!!!

forgot to see we`re right next to one of the busiest roads here and they didn`t mind as i said she was gonna be indoor. she`s been out but was very weary of it and clung to us so we`ve never tried her again

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I really hope I pass, how was she at the RSPCA? What did they say? I messaged you on facebook :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice