Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RSPCA and Poorly Cat...

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jack11232, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack11232

Jack11232 PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site so please excuse me if this post isn't in the right place. Anyway, I recently found what I presumed to be a stray cat on the side of the road late on New Years Eve. The cat was barely responsive so I took it home with me rather than leave him there. At home I could see the cat had lost the use of one of its back legs. As I had no mode of transport or access to any that late at night to get him to the emergency vets I tried to make him comfortable till the morning. He cried at the top of his voice for two hours straight and constantly kept moving around as best he could. He was struggling to breath and was wheezing/groaning when he did so. He kept going to the door as if to go out. As many people say cats go away to die I believe that that was what he was doing and that he was at the end of his life.

The next morning he was still, though barely, with us. His eyes were not very responsive. I phones the emergency vet and was told to contact the RSPCA to get a log number before taking him so they'd get paid. I did this and took the animal to the Vet and that was the last I saw of him. The On the 2nd the RSPCA phoned to see where I'd found the cat but wouldn't tell me what was wrong him (as in whether they'd put him to sleep or not). The posters they've put up locally just describe but I saw a post online saying he had chronic medical problems and was now with the RSPCA. On the posters around the town it says to remove the posters after 7 days.

Several friends of mine are of the belief that they are keeping the poor cat alive at least for those 7 days which is naturally quite upsetting to me seeing what state he was in. I was wondering whether anyone here knows what they RSPCA does actually do with animals in this position. I've tried emailing them about it but they've very good at dodging my exact question. I hate to this poor cat is drugged up somewhere when he was clearly suffering and would have been better off being put to sleep, as sad as that is.

I've heard many things about the RSPCA over the years so if anyone could help me out here I'd be most grateful!

2. danielled

danielled Guest

Could a mod please move this thread? @SusieRainbow don’t worry OP. Plenty post in the wrong section, easily sorted.

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

This is a duplicate post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice