Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Royal mail suspend the post...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sue&harvey, Apr 4, 2011.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

#2 Amethyst, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Apparently the Sun now wants the story!

4. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

For crying out loud.... this dog doesnt have run of the whole street! Bloody wimp... our collie used to nip the posties bum ....she was trying to round him up :D

5. ClaireLouise

I dont blame them for suspending the post, at least royal mail are taking a stand to protect there staff. they dont deserve to be bitten for doing there job

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

That's how dogs end up getting put to sleep :(

7. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

The dogs are not secured in the garden and do frequently roam the street. Hence the Rotttie being "chained"

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Wow, if all the comments are true.....then Im really glad I dont live there!;)

9. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

At first I thought that it was a bit unfair on the other residents, but then I read the comments, some of which had been made by them. If you read those comments, it's clear there are serious problems here that need dealing with. So now maybe something will be done, maybe getting the dogs caring homes with responsible owners is the best option.
    I don't think Royal mail had any choice.

10. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Postwoman? Nice to see they're up to date with their political correctness! :D

11. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Why punish the whol street just because one one house :confused: Give the house concerned a warning that if they do not control the situation their post will have to be picked up from the sorting office. Can understand how posties must suffer with dogs harrassing them daily but I don't think punishing people who are not concerned will help matters. Edited can understand how the situation is not that simple after reading the further comments.

#11 Jackie99, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  12. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

If the JRT is being a wee sod then I dont blame them, it would have been a much bigger story had it been a staff tho :rolleyes:

ClaireLouise likes this.
  13. ClaireLouise

bloody good point :D

imagine if it was an akita running the street :eek:

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Sounds like their Rottie already roams the streets scaring people..:(

15. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Good on the royal mail, safety in the work place and after all the street is the posties work place. They have the right to take any mail back if a dog is seen to be a danger like if the postie has to go through the gate and the dog is out or if a dog snatches at the letter box if a postie feel any sort of danger they can take the mail back and the person has to go and collect it from the office.

16. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

id soon be there to steal it :lol:

17. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Tbh the stupid woman shouldn't have to tell her kids up to age 11 to keep the dog indoors. Why do they keep letting him out if he's territorial? I wouldn't go near a snarling JRT - there was a boy down the road whose dog stopped me playing out when I was little, for about 5 years because he made her that way.

There was also a woman around the corner from us whose Cav used to magically escape around the same time very day :rolleyes: he wasn't vicious but it was an accident waiting to happen on our street...why can't people just keep their dogs in? It's not hard...:nono:

18. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I don't blame Royal Mail at all for refusing to deliver the post to the street. The comments at the bottom tell a better story than the actual reported story and the paper got the location wrong. Saltash is in Cornwall not Plymouth :rolleyes:

Think this family will have more than 3 dogs to worry about now that its in the paper.

19. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Why was the door being opened anyway to get post? Thats what letterboxes are for, so really the dog shouldn't even have a chance to get out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice