Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

royal canin wet food?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by clownfrog, Dec 19, 2020.

1. clownfrog

clownfrog PetForums Newbie

i did some more research and i have found royal canin, and it just so happens that the person we are getting the kitten from uses that brand also so we would buy it to start off with so the kitten doesn't get derriere. but i still have a few more questions.

1- is royal canin a good brand of food
    2- if it is, is it best to buy it in cans or in the packets
    3- i heard that it isn't necessary to get the kitten version, is that true?
    4-do i need a mix of wet and dry food or is just wet food okay

and anything els you know is great
    thanks

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Wet only. Plan to feed at least 5-6 meals a day to start, as much as kitten can eat at each meal.

Royal Canin isn't a great brand, but any wet is better than kibble. You can start with the Royal Canin and once she's settled gradually add in better foods later.

You can start with the kitten version if that's what the breeder is feeding, but it doesn't matter that much.

I would feed cans rather than pouches. Better value, and cans are recyclable besides. But again, start with what the kitten is already eating.

No kibble.

Douglas’ Dad and clownfrog like this.
  3. Douglas’ Dad

Douglas’ Dad PetForums VIP

No dry food ever. And don’t believe the rubbish vets tell you that it keeps their teeth clean.

Read this website. It’s all you need to know about feeding best practice. Plus the advice you get on this forum from the experienced posters.

www.catinfo.org

clownfrog likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice