Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Row with a Fisherman LMAO

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RAINYBOW, May 27, 2010.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Just had a "discussion" with a right little jumped up **** in my country park.

Bear in mind this is my local park, i live right on the back of it and go every day.

So I was coming back from a walk this evening and this bloke tells me that Oscar should be on a lead. I politely explained to him that he was wrong and told him where they were allowed off and needed to be on but Oh NOOooooo clearly he knows better than me despite this being his first time to the park.

I kept cool while he banged on about the 2 dogs that had just ruined his days fishing, which i pointed out neither of which were mine as i don't allow Oscar into the swims when there are Fishermen as a considerate park user ;) I resisted the urge to bleat back at him about how much mess the Fisherman leave and how their rubbish (inc chicken bones) is a potential hazard to my dog. I just kept calmly telling him he was wrong and there was no law that required Oscar to be on a lead but the park reserve the right to "request" you put your dog onlead if they feel the dog is a nuisance or there are activities in the park (like sponsored runs etc) and as my dog was perfectly under control i saw no reason to put him on.

This man was fuming banging on about how he had more rights because he "paid" to fish there at which point i pointed out i have annual membership to the "Friends of the Park" scheme therefore also pay but i don't think that buys me special priveledges :rolleyes:. Got home and tried to ring the Ranger but no answer so i drove round. As i arrived the Fisherman was leaving the carpark so i grinned at him :D

Had a lovely chat with the Ranger who had just had this bloke ranting at him for 20 minutes whilst the Ranger confirmed i was actually correct. I bet that bloke was so p...ed off, he had spoken to me like i was some sort of moron :lol:

It's all about mutual respect and a little bit of tolerance. I love it when i am right :lol: What a moron :rolleyes:

2. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Aaargh what a numpty. Pity Oscar didn't nick his sandwiches or pee in his bait box! :lol:

3. corrine3

corrine3 PetForums VIP

Good for you mrs! Stand your ground :thumbup:

4. rona

rona Guest

HaHa, don't you just love it when that happens? :D

5. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

haha brilliant!! bet he feels like a plonker now!

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

haha what a numpty! (him not you lol)

7. TheJockess_&_WeeAngus

TheJockess_&_WeeAngus PetForums Junior

Good for you, :thumbup: he was obviously not a dog owner himself!!! He probably blanked and decided to take his tantrum :incazzato: out on someone else. :lol:

8. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Bet it's ruined his whole day :D He was the sort of bloke who shouts utter rubbish at the Telly because there is noone there to tell him he is a ********. I was so calm and polite too :lol: just refused to back down and be spoken too like an idiot :thumbup:

Got to love my poor Ranger too bless him, they are having a bit of a "readjustment" since the park became really popular and a new visitors centre built so it's the last thing he needs some jumped up numpty throwing a tantrum in his office :rolleyes:

Am thinking of becoming a park "guardian" which means i get a badge and do a bit of voluntary "policing" while i am out walking, just alerting the Rangers of any issues, picking up the remains of picnics and BBQs etc which i do anyway but would have been lovely to have waved a badge in that blokes face today :lol:

Just wish we had arrived at the Rangers office the same time then i could have asked for an apology :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice