Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rotweiller Rehome

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by coxall72, May 21, 2010.

1. coxall72

coxall72 PetForums Newbie

Hi there I am new to the site and am in desperate need of some advise.

I have two dogs, one is a Rotweiller (Roxy), female who will be 8 years in September and another female (Pickles) who is 7 1/2 years and is a cross terrier mix.

Unfortunately my Rotweiller has become snappy with my 4 year old son and this has been going on for about the last 18 months. I have spoken with the Rotweiller Association, but they can't take her in because of her age.

Both Roxy and Pickles need to stay together, more for Pickles because she becomes scared if she is not around.

Can you help? I also am 6 months pregnant and am worried about the baby.

Its not just my 4 year old she has snapped at, but other younger children too within the family.

I really dont want to get rid of either of them, and I get upset every time I think about it, but I am thinking of my childs safety and the safety of others. She is very good with older children just not the youngsters.

2. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

What have you done to date to rectify the situation? Have you seen a behaviourist?

3. coxall72

coxall72 PetForums Newbie

A friend of mine is a behaviour expert and has basically said the same as the Rotweiller Association, its part of her hearding instict, which is very unusal as it is not normally seen nowadays.

My little boy stays away from her as much as he can, and he knows not get too close just in case. He is really good, and does try to help me out with her i.e., brush her, give her food etc.

4. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

:confused: thats sounds like rubbish to me. why would hearding instinct make a dog snap at a child?

i would employ a reputable behaviourist to help out.

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice