UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

We have been thinking about purchasing a puppy for a while now (year or so) and have decided that we would like a rottweiler after researching breeds we liked and how they would fit into our lifestyle.

After reading the sticky 'getting a puppy' thread I have basically seen that recommendations are the best way to find honest and good quality breeders due to the problems you can experience with KC registered breeders etc. Therefore can anyone recommend any breeders to me please?

We are looking to get a puppy hopefully around February/March but would like to go to see a number of litters, just so we get used to the whole process and asking the right questions etc.

I am open to any locations in the country and live near Huddersfield as I will happily travel to get the right puppy for us. Any help or advice on breed groups would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Your first port of call should be the relevant breed clubs as members must adhere to codes of ethics/conduct which are more stringent than anywhere else.

The breed secretary will point you towards ethical breeders who conduct the relevant health screening tests.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Hello everyone.

We have been thinking about purchasing a puppy for a while now (year or so) and have decided that we would like a rottweiler after researching breeds we liked and how they would fit into our lifestyle.

After reading the sticky 'getting a puppy' thread I have basically seen that recommendations are the best way to find honest and good quality breeders due to the problems you can experience with KC registered breeders etc. Therefore can anyone recommend any breeders to me please?

We are looking to get a puppy hopefully around February/March but would like to go to see a number of litters, just so we get used to the whole process and asking the right questions etc.

I am open to any locations in the country and live near Huddersfield as I will happily travel to get the right puppy for us. Any help or advice on breed groups would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
These may point you in the right direction in the meantime

Kennel Club Assured Breeders for Rottweiler

The Rottweiler Club | promoting the public image of the breed

The British Rottweiler Association : Home

Home - ROTTWEILER BREED COUNCIL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.