Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rottweiler puppy recommendations.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sjallen88, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sjallen88

sjallen88 PetForums Junior

Hello everyone.

We have been thinking about purchasing a puppy for a while now (year or so) and have decided that we would like a rottweiler after researching breeds we liked and how they would fit into our lifestyle.

After reading the sticky 'getting a puppy' thread I have basically seen that recommendations are the best way to find honest and good quality breeders due to the problems you can experience with KC registered breeders etc. Therefore can anyone recommend any breeders to me please?

We are looking to get a puppy hopefully around February/March but would like to go to see a number of litters, just so we get used to the whole process and asking the right questions etc.

I am open to any locations in the country and live near Huddersfield as I will happily travel to get the right puppy for us. Any help or advice on breed groups would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Your first port of call should be the relevant breed clubs as members must adhere to codes of ethics/conduct which are more stringent than anywhere else.

The breed secretary will point you towards ethical breeders who conduct the relevant health screening tests.

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

These may point you in the right direction in the meantime

Kennel Club Assured Breeders for Rottweiler

The Rottweiler Club | promoting the public image of the breed

The British Rottweiler Association : Home

Home - ROTTWEILER BREED COUNCIL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice