Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rotating dog food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by perfectly, Jan 26, 2012.

1. perfectly

perfectly PetForums Newbie

I just read this article: What is a Rotation Diet for Pets? | PetMeds.org and was wondering if anyone actually does this?

I personally try to buy different protiens of taste of the wild but I'm wondering if creating a blend of flavors might be more benificial than my dogs eating one protein for a few weeks. Granted my dogs are not picky eaters and one of them has a stomach condition but was thinking a blend of the protiens she can eat might add some viriety of other food sources to their diets. Could also potientially mix in another grain free easily digestable brand as well I suppose...

Thoughts on the article?

2. henry

henry PetForums VIP

I do this with Henry really. He now has mainly wet food but I vary between Naturediet, Natures Menu, AG Partners and Forthglade at the moment. He also has a bit of kibble, but this is only a tiny part of his diet. I think it does make sense to have different proteins and textures, as long as your dog can tolerate the variety, of course.

3. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I did this too before switching to raw. Never had a problem. And I went between Simpsons and taste of the wild. Nature diet an wainwrights wets.

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I feed raw so feed a huge rotation diet - they have such a large variety of meats including chicken, turkey, pork, lamb, duck, beef, venison, all kinds of different fish, rabbit, game, tripe and all sorts of different offal – including spleen, lung, liver, pancreas, kidney and heart.

They get a variety of large bones and carcasses, small chunks of meat and big slabs of flesh, small bones and small boned meat portions, whole rib cages or animal heads, aswell as whole rabbits, chickens and fish - so not only does their protein source change on a daily basis, so does how the food is presented.

Benefits them in several ways IMO - they get such a variety of foods so receive a huge variety of nutrients, and they're certainly never bored ;) I always think it must be so mind numbingly boring to only ever eat one type or kind of food – so always strive for variety for my lads.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice