UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Rosie was microchipped today :(

641 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kate_7590 
#1 ·
And every time I touch her she yelps :cryin: I feel so guilty that I can't comfort her.

She was also vaccinated for parvo etc... (her 10 week puppy needle) so we can take her walkies next week :D

#5 ·
Thanks Nat... I can't even stroke her belly because she rolls over then yelps, the vet put the chip 1/2 way down her back
That's strange - usually its in the scruff of her neck where she can't really feel it. Bess didn't even notice hers.

Hope she feels better soon.

#9 ·
can i ask why it was put on her back? just seems bit strange i no two of my local vets only scan the neck do other vets/rescues scan other places?

#12 ·
can i ask why it was put on her back? just seems bit strange i no two of my local vets only scan the neck do other vets/rescues scan other places?
Microchips can move, so they should scan all over the body. As Bess was so active as a pup the vet thought it might move on her so we had a discussion about it. Luckily it didn't in the end, but he told me they once found it had migrated to a dog's foot! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.