UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In loving memory of my girls :001_wub:

Rosie, bless her, only 8 and such a kind and loving friend to the other cats and her mummy

Poppy, a little devil, hated all the cats except for Rosie and us. She was best friends with our neighbours too, she was only 6.
Miss you girls but will see you again one day. :001_wub::001_wub:

Attachments

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
They both were truly beautiful, and I can only imagine the pain you felt losing them both so young and close together. Perhaps they needed to be together again, maybe the pain was too much and they needed to be reunited x

Sleep well, girlies :001_wub:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rosie had a twisted lung, the vet said its very very rare in cats. She wasnt hit by a car or mistreated, she thinks she may have fell on to something, maybe from a shed roof, but we will never know.
It was a horrible way to go and for as long as i live i will never forget my poor baby being in so much pain :(

Poppy got hit by a car in our small close, i know thats something you worry about with an outdoor cat, but if you could see this close you would wonder what kind of idiot would want to drive at break breaking speeds. :mad:

We chose this place with only the cats in mind, how awful that they both died here :sad:
Only indoor cats from now on. x

·
7,885 Posts
Rosie had a twisted lung, the vet said its very very rare in cats. She wasnt hit by a car or mistreated, she thinks she may have fell on to something, maybe from a shed roof, but we will never know.
It was a horrible way to go and for as long as i live i will never forget my poor baby being in so much pain :(

Poppy got hit by a car in our small close, i know thats something you worry about with an outdoor cat, but if you could see this close you would wonder what kind of idiot would want to drive at break breaking speeds. :mad:

We chose this place with only the cats in mind, how awful that they both died here :sad:
Only indoor cats from now on. x
Oh, that's so sad, I didn't realise they were taken like this :( It's any cat owner's worst nightmare ((Hugs!!))

I sometimes feel a little guilty about keeping Spooks indoors but stories like this justify why I do; it's just too risky for them out there :(

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I agree with you, but poppy was such a lover of the outdoors. I even put off having her spayed untill she was a yr old because i didnt want her to go out. No she never had kittens :D
At a yr old though she was launching herself at the front door,back door and windows:eek: and was getting really stressed so i made the decision to let her go out, she really wouldnt of been happy indoors.
Rosie loved to sit in the garden and never went on the roads, the vet said she has seen many tragic accidents in the home and i wasnt to blame myself...But how can you not :mad::

Just to add, Jt still goes out but she is now kept on a tight curfew, she doesnt go on the roads but im slowly keeping her in more. She quite a scardey cat so is happy to stay in the garden..

·
7,885 Posts
I agree with you, but poppy was such a lover of the outdoors. I even put off having her spayed untill she was a yr old because i didnt want her to go out. No she never had kittens :D
At a yr old though she was launching herself at the front door,back door and windows:eek: and was getting really stressed so i made the decision to let her go out, she really wouldnt of been happy indoors.
Rosie loved to sit in the garden and never went on the roads, the vet said she has seen many tragic accidents in the home and i wasnt to blame myself...But how can you not :mad::

Just to add, Jt still goes out but she is now kept on a tight curfew, she doesnt go on the roads but im slowly keeping her in more. She quite a scardey cat so is happy to stay in the garden..
Oh yes, of course some will not tolerate being kept in. My late Molly was a big outdoorsy type, but Spooks is very happy to be in with his humans :)

Don't blame yourself about Rosie, either, she had a tragic accident that you could never have predicted or prevented. As the vet said, her condition was very rare. You're a great cat slave, don't let a tragedy like this allow you to forget that. Sending hugs! x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.