UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lady Rose had a moan at me today, saying that I never post any of her pictures on the forum, so, in the interest of marital harmony I've relented and here's a couple she took today.
The trouble is she always gets me in the frame and I really hate having my picture taken but for once I've given in and allowed some pics of yours truly to be aired in public. As you may notice, sartorial elegance is not something that I put too much store by and I really should get my hair cut. Which brings to mind a particular gripe of mine and the readon my hair is, as a rule, unkempt. What happened to the good old fashioned barber, the sort of place where you could discuss rugby or boxing, ans be asked, as you were brushed down, '' Something for the weekend sir??''
These days my visits to get a trim always involve being fussed over by a young lady or a chap with a limp wrist smelling of cologne. God I miss the good old days..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice to see you, and the dogs as well. You shouldn't be camera shy - though I hate having my pic taken too.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Ooh there's just the man! Now then Mr Pete, I know I made awful fun of you for your serious illness recently but passing it on through 8 degrees of separation so that it lands up my nostrils and in my throat is taking it too far!!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooh there's just the man! Now then Mr Pete, I know I made awful fun of you for your serious illness recently but passing it on through 8 degrees of separation so that it lands up my nostrils and in my throat is taking it too far!!
Be assured that I shall be as sympathetic to your illness as some of you lot were to my recent bout of near terminal sickness....

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Well thank the lady Rose from me - it's good to see the man behind the words, and at one with his dogs.

Lovely pics x

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Yes it's nice to see the man himself for a change. And you do look dapper! You all look freshly laundered. By the way I was one of the few sympathetic to your recent brush with 'serious' illness!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Lovely snaps of you and the dogs :)
Great to put a face to all your wondeful stories :D

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Lovely pics of you and the dogs, nice to put a face to all the wonderful stories you tell.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I'm not surprised she got uppity with you, her pics are lovely and will be very special to her as it shows all 3 of you together as one - they are really nice pics which speak a thousand words.

With regards to the barber, you've brought back lovely memories for me of my late Grandad, he was a very old fashioned barber back in the days and I have very fond memories of going into his shop (used to be attached to their house) and sitting on one of the old waiting chairs (none of them ever matched lol) and watching him as he used to trim their hair & then wet shave. Thinking back, he was never one for fashionable styles but his waiting room never used to be empty while the shop was open he had a big customer base :D I used to idolise my Grandad (as all little girls do) and I used to love to be able to watch him work as he was always so chatty & happy doing it, in fact once he had retired he even used to go into the Old Folks Homes and do their hairs free of charge just because he loved his trade so much. I have no doubt in this day & age he would have struggled with his skills but they were appreciated then. Ahhh what a lovely way to start my day thinking back like that :D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.