UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...are off to the rescue centre tomorrow :(

Don't worry, it's not a permanent stay, they are going to, hopefully, be bonded... so fingers and paws crossed it all goes well!

it will cost me almost £40 but I feel it would be better to do it this way with someone else rather than me worrying and panicking

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Will keep my fingers crossed for you

Piccies when you can x :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ooo thats good news!! Its def worth it, its horrible watching them going through the motions of the bonding process.

Let us know how they get on and post pics when they are back!! :)

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks :) they are back Monday so all being well I get some piccies! I hope they get on, they are totally the opposite of each other!! Rosie is so messy and laid back, Chester isn't at all!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wicked - good luck hun! My bonding didnt go very sucessful as 4 weeks later ive had to seperate them, i have got 2 very sure of themselves boys tho!! as they say boys will be boys!!

Im sure your two will be fine - mrs and mr forever x

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
*fingers crossed* for the gorgeous pair :)

*Heidi*

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oooh hope it goes well - keep us posted. I wish I'd considered this option when I first got Rory as I never did manage to bond him with Rags

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys! yeah I thought it would be quicker and more intense and the rescue centre get some money :) I called yesterday and they said so far so good!!

Do you think they would share a litter tray or need their own ones??

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
depends how much space they have, I would start them off in your kitchen or half the kitchen give it a good scrub put some vinegar down too and a few old towels or carpet the lino floors should also deter any serious fights. I would imagine chesters sofa and sofa burrow will need blocking off and anything else they consider theirs lol.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
depends how much space they have, I would start them off in your kitchen or half the kitchen give it a good scrub put some vinegar down too and a few old towels or carpet the lino floors should also deter any serious fights. I would imagine chesters sofa and sofa burrow will need blocking off and anything else they consider theirs lol.
Oddly enough, the first thing I did was give downstairs a huge clean up!! and yes, Chesters burrow will be a thing of the past soon.. I'm re-upholstering it (or trying to) as when Rosie has been in there, she is actually worse and starts to dig at it, at least Chester just sits in it!!

Its the food Im woriied about, Rosie nails all her pellets first thing were as Chester has a delicate nibble and saves some for later.. Rosie will track it down and eat the lot!

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
lol i was worried about feeding too Miffy was such a gobbler it put me off getting a bigger rabbit as a partner.. but it now seems about even sometimes 1 will want to eat all the veg and the other all the pellets and then the next night they'll both be eating from the same bowel. neither 1 looks thin or is bullied so i think u just have to keep an eye on them

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We were meant to get them today but I called up and they still are not bonded as Chester keeps pulling at Rosies fur :( I have decided to leave them there until Thursday.. not sure what I will do if they are not bonded by then :(

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
awww, I'm sure he will settle down and stop pulling her fur soon :)

*Heidi*

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sending calming vibes to Chester in the hope he will stop pulling her fur. Boy, I must have lucked out with my two. One half day and they were bonded - there was some thumping with Amos when Pickles came near him - but the soon ended. Hope your two are soon bonded. x

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
aw thanks.. I hope it stops.. I did call and tell them that Chester understands the command 'no' :nono: and if you put your index finger on the bridge of his nose with a little pressure until nhe calms it does (hopefully) work.. that's how we got him to stop nipping everyone.. He is an intelligent bunny and is whistle trained too.. unlike Rosie who is very dim bless her :D

Thanks Lollie, it is actually Chester doing the nipping, Rosie is so laid back and has never bit anyone, you can do anything to her and she just doesn't care at all.. she is a rabbit angel! (if she was not so messy!!)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.