Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Room for some little ones?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KalokiMallow, Mar 30, 2011.

1. KalokiMallow

KalokiMallow PetForums Member

Not sure if the title is about myself or my ratties (I'm all of 4'10")!

Hi, my name is Kat, I'm 26 and married to a rat fanatic. Which of course means I've grown to love the wonderful little monsters :D

He had 2 huge boy rats when I met him, but nowadays we have 5 tiny little girls (3 dumbo, 2 not). Though we've had many other between then and now, 5 to be precise, and are about to pick up a new boy tomorrow. Most of the rats are rescue rats, so have needed a lot of love - even if they haven't all liked it!

Our current brood are -
    Clio and Lillith (about 1 year and 9 months old)- these two are sisters, Clio is a brown Berkshire rat, and Lillith is a white rat with a really pale cream hood which is only barely noticeable.
    Lola, Izzy and Claire (about 9 months old) - again, sisters, this time Dumbo. Lola is brown Berkshire so we sometimes struggle to tell her and Clio apart. Izzy is a chocolate siamese. And Claire is grey and white, and was the runt of her litter.

More on them here.

Tomorrow we are picking up Weedy

And then, hopefully fairly soon, we will be adding a darling dog to our family. His name is Archie and he is a 9 year old Collie cross, who has just had a large lump removed from his leg. This is why he isn't here already, we're waiting on the biopsy results. He's also got alopecia, and no tail, poor little thing.

Aside from our pets, I do web design/graphic design and my husband is a photographer. Though I'm currently not working due to health difficulties.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Yayyyyyyy another ratty person, welcome to the forum, loved the piccies, some really gorgeous rattys you have :001_wub:

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Awww they're lovely :001_wub:

Welcome to the forum

Em
    xx

4. KalokiMallow

Wow, looking at your sig, you have a lot of ratties (and everything else!) how do you keep up with them all??

5. KalokiMallow

Thankyou :)

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Its a complete full time job, the rats are the easy ones though, they free range in their two groups and I generally sort the cage out while one of the children acts as rat climbing frame/supervisor. Everyone else is a bit more tricky since they can only come out in small groups or singly but with the help of hamster playballs we just about manage. I do always seem to have an animal of some sort in my hand or perching on me though :eek:.

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum. I would warn you about GMR, get more rodents, disorder that seems to be going around but it seems you've already been infected. Any pictures? I love rats

9. KalokiMallow

I have hundreds of photos! Haha

But here's a few
    Claire
    Lola
    Izzy
    Clio
    Lillith

this is our newest cutie, we picked him up this morning Toby

And we'll soon be picking up Archie

10. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Hello and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice