Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Roo = Pain in the ass

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Horse and Hound, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Settled nicely onto the Hi-Life, that's still going strong. Whatever it is about it, he loves.

Their Raw, Harvey is geting mixed with a bit of Skinners, as he still needs more nutrients to grow, Roo is getting his mixed with Betty Miller backed biscuites.

Oh, but no. Last night Roo decided he wanted Skinners...so ate Harvey's. But when I put some in his bowl this morning, to see...Noooo, i don't want that mummy, I want the hi-life.

I think the trick is here, to have a stock of each in...then shove what I can down him, when I can. :rolleyes:

Little git.

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Endless aren't they :rolleyes:

Bumbles so fussy; he invariably wants what the cats or the bunny have got

Em
    xx

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Little brat lol. Luckily Buster will eat pretty much anything but the really crappy foods. He turned away from a Baker's treat someone tried to give him the other day

4. Horse and Hound

I have the opposite problem. He'd eat bakers all day long if I let him, little swine.

Think its the whole kids v veg debate. They'd much rather have Mc Donalds! :rolleyes:

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

He's been spoiled by actual meat won't touch the stuff

6. Horse and Hound

So's Roo. He's fed half raw, half not.

He's just a nob! :eek:

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Perhaps you should give Harvey Roo's meal and vice versa - that way he would end up eating his own :D

Make me realise how good it is not to agonise over food anymore. Not so keen we're a bit restricted but it's good to put a bowl down, pick it up clean minutes later and finally not have to worry about the end product either.:rolleyes:

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

If he eats the raw no problem would it be possible to switch him over fully

9. Horse and Hound

I'm not confident enough in myself to switch to ensure they get everything they need and to be frank I also don't have the freezer space. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking over the summer of sorting the shed out and wiring it up for a freezer in there, but for the time being I'm happy that they get 1/2 and 1/2.

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

This is one thing I love about having retrievers, they just are not picky and will eat anything :rolleyes:

Hope you can get around it and he's always happy with something!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice