Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Romanian Dog Rescue

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Rose Gardiner, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Rose Gardiner

Rose Gardiner PetForums Newbie

Hi, I’m new to this site and just looking for advice. We sadly lost our gorgeous little 18 year old dog Jess in August and thinking of adopting a Romanian rescue dog. Just wanted to know experiences of other’s who have adopted and if everything with the process went smoothly. There are so many fb pages and Romanian dogs for adoption, I just wonder if they are all above board and would be grateful for any recommendations.

2. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Member

Hi
    I have a Romanian rescue from amicci dog rescue, love him to bits,he’s the most loyal and protective dog I’ve ever had. You just need to be aware of possible issues of over protectiveness, anxiety, travel sickness and possible reactivity and separation anxiety. These dog have had a very tough start in life, you could get an amazing dog with mostly no issues or one with a few issues but you couldn’t find a more loyal loving dog. There are a lot of rescues look for one that has rescue back up and read what other adopters are saying. The rules on travel have just changed from 20 dogs at a time to 5 so prices may shoot up, look into it a bit before doing it but I don’t regret it one bit, they are amazing dogs. Another rescue I would recommend is evermore dog rescue. Good luck in your search. X

simplysardonic likes this.
  3. Rose Gardiner

Rose Gardiner PetForums Newbie

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at the Amicci website which is very informative and have liked they’re fb page. A lot of the dog rescuers seem to only have fb pages and no website, I feel happier seeing it all in black and white, so will be keeping my eye out for a possible match. Thankyou once again

Nicola234 likes this.
  4. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Member

Hi Rose

Yeah I think it’s to keep costs to a very minimum. No problem, good luck. X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice