Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Romancing"

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by badbudgie, Jul 16, 2009.

1. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Does anyone else's cat "romance" them? This is the term we have affectionately coined for standing on your chest and rubbing their faces on your face, and glasses in my case.

It really cute and wondered if this was "normal" behaviour. I have Lola and Mani, mother and son, and they both do it. Mani can be quite forcefull with his romancing and tends to knock my glasses off if I don't keep a hold of them.

Also when they do this they both fluff their tails up and Mani fluffs his head hair up, is this normal? Because I thought that the fluffy tail thing was when they were startled or frightened?

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

My Dizzy does that, usually when she wants something though.

3. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

They're claiming you as theirs by rubbing off some of their scent onto you :) Cheap date or what lol No flowers, slap up meal etc etc :D

4. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Thats maybe why they are like a tag team..."mammy's mine"..."no, mammy's mine".

I must stink of them, I especially like the nose dripples on my glasses, yum!

5. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

Guess they love you, sweetie:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice