Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rolly wheel just broke!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by srhdufe, Aug 17, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

My new (week old) Savic jumbo rolly wheel just broke...
    Jim was playing in it and the axel snapped! :mad:
    Poor baby.. He is ok... he's not hurt of anything but he's bored now as i have had to take it away and i have no spare... :rolleyes:

tdm warned me that they snap but i didnt think it'd be this quick...
    I'll be going to p@h tomorrow to complain!! :cursing:

They are the only wheels they sell in mine that are big enough... The silent spinners they sell are only the small ones :rolleyes:

2. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

Oh nooo :(

Glad he's ok... I've got the 8.5inch comfort wheel and it seems to be ok so far... I got it from a pet shop in London actually :D

Large Comfort Cage Pet Exercise Hamster Gerbil Wheel on eBay (end time 19-Aug-09 05:21:01 BST)

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Its terrible isn't it, Savic must know there is a potentially dangerous fault but they still produce and sell them:mad:.

4. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

Yeah- I'm sure other people must have complained :mad:

5. thedogsmother

Aaaaargh Xander's rolly wheel just broke last night as well, he has only had it a week and is a very light hamster, I only got it to last him till I could find somewhere that sells the senior size Wodent Wheel and it didn't even last that long. I'm sure Buffy wouldn't have minded him having hers :( now but thats not the point, he could have been badly hurt, and I have checked the wheel every day because I know this can happen. I am going to complain straight to Savic cos I think they need to know how dangerous it is:cursing:.

6. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Oh no.. Thats the last thing you need on top of Buffy :(

7. thedogsmother

To be honest, the wheel I can cope with, if Xander had been hurt though I would have flipped, he is fine though. I got up and he was sat in the broken wheel looking at me like "it doesn't go round anymore, fix it for me". Don't know what to do now cos his new cage was only posted yesterday so it won't arrive till tomorrow and the Wodent Wheel wont fit in his Cambridge cage cos its the really big size wheel, so I can either put him in Buffys cage for one night which I don't really want to do or leave him with no wheel overnight.

8. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

I completely avoid the rolly wheels after one came flying off the bars and landed on William. Luckily he was fine because I was watching him, but the thought of what might have happened to my little guy if I hadn't been there made me feel awful! I will only use Wodent Wheels now.

9. thedogsmother

Yes I know, it is totally your fault that I now will only use them as you kept saying how good they were and then I bought one,you should be ashamed;), unfortunately now I can't get a Senior one in England as everyone is out of stock so the Rolly wheel was supposed to be a temporary thing till I could find a senior Wodent wheel but I would have expected it to last longer than a week :cursing:. Anyway I popped into P@H and they said they would swap it and they will tell Savic about the fault so I have bought a silent wheel for tonight then tomorrow when Xanders new cage arrives, he can have Buffys old Wodent Wheel and the mice can have the silent one. Xander wasn't hurt luckily as I don't thinkI could cope with loosing him as well.

10. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Poor Xander...
    I spoke to p@h about mine... They said they would swap it for the same one... I said i dont want another as they are crap and the manager said he will let me have a silent spinner... They are too small though as they only sell the regular ones :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice