Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Roll'n'Clean litter box

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Laurr456, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Laurr456

Laurr456 PetForums Member

Roll'n'Clean litter box

Has anyone got/tried one of these?*

Zooplus

I saw them while browsing the internet and have watched a video on YouTube, they look pretty good!

I'm wanting a new litter box for Stella as atm we just have a standard tray and she loves to play in it...hense litter all over the floor once she's finished, so a closed in one will hopefully help with that!!

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

My concern would be (looking at the one on Z/plus) that there is nothing like enough head-room for an adult cat to squat upright as they need to do when they poo. That model only looks suitable for a small kitten to me.

If there is not enough head-room for her you could start getting problems with the cat toiletting outside the tray. Habits like that can be hard to break sometimes.

To stop kitty chucking litter all over the floor a deeper tray would probably help
    perhaps.....something like this (without the lid!) is ideal:

Clear Plastic Storage Box Boxes With Lids SIZE CHOICE | eBay

3. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Why do litter trays need to be so complicated :rolleyes:

4. Laurr456

Very complicated!! Haha.

Thanks chillminx I'll have a look at that. I never thought about the head height to be honest...but I definately think that's a concern now you've mentioned it. They didn't look too low on YouTube but I obviously don't know how big she's gonna grow!

Tbh I'm hoping to get her to poop outside (in a designated area in my garden) when she's old enough/neutered. I've been reading up about making like a compost area which you just turn over and it decomposes...whether she'll do that tho is another query! Lol

In the mean time I shall look into something with a higher side :)

5. Laurr456

Just had a look at the ebay link - what a fab idea!! :)

6. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

I seen one of these on my cat from hell

If you think about it the poor cat has to go into a box that has their poop and pee scent covering the walls of the box and apparently that stresses them out and they are more likely to pee outside the box

Just think of it like going into a portable toilet after it has been knocked over by someone then stood back up, the smell would be enough to put you off

7. Laurr456

I think that's where I saw it originally as well, love that show!!

That's decided it for me thanks, definately staying clear of that litter box!

Xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice