Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rolling in Pooh

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by chriswelsh, Jan 6, 2008.

1. chriswelsh

chriswelsh PetForums Newbie

I have two Italian Spinone bitch both are just over two years of age and when I take them out for a run in the woods and they find fox pooh they roll init but dont do it with domesic dog pooh whats the answer ?

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

All i can say is be carefull because dogs rolling in fox pooh can catch the mange.

3. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

our dog does the same! dont know what the answer is he just gets a bath and i have to wash his collar or buy a new one! doesnt happen that often now so maybe a bath is the answer! the smell is terrible though!!

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Ours did that all the time, Till he got abit flakey on the skin, when the vet asked if he has rolled in anything, we told him fox pooh, it was then we found out from the vet thats the worse thing to let ur dog roll in coz it can give em the mange.

5. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

I've got a Boxer who's just turned 5 months and everytime i let her out she stands in every piece of dog poo and comes in plastered in it and runs it all around my kitchen. My staffie on the other hand is very clean. I haven't a clue why she does it as it can't be very nice

6. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Yes you are right.
    Both mine will rollin it given half the chance. The best thing for getting rid of the smell is tomato ketchup. Obviously not a good idea if you have a white dog!!

7. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

true lol must get out in the garden more often and clean all the poop up :). Doesn't help that they love to bounce so much.

8. basi

basi PetForums Senior

lol:D
    Yeah shsssssh told tell the judges;)

9. carol

carol PetForums VIP

yep your right
    and the only way to stop teach them not to which can be funny with some dogs
    i have a lovely cocker comes to stay and he knows he is not ment to do it but then runs off and does roll behind your back.

10. AnimalLoversWeb

AnimalLoversWeb PetForums Junior

Our dogs love to roll in chickens and sheep poo, the sheep poo doesn't smell too bad, but the chicken poo stinks to high heaven!!
    I've never understood what that is about with dogs. I mean, are they really saying to themselves;
    "Oh, what a lovely odour! I quite fancy some of that as an eau de cologne, that will make me irresistible to the girls/boys" :confused:

11. carol

carol PetForums VIP

oh you say that i had a dog stay that rolled in cow poo and boy it stunk to high haven took 3 washes to get the smell out.

12. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Where we live is just across the road form some rolling fields, used to be a golf course, but went bankrupt. The local farmer takes his cows on there and Meg loves to roll in it :rolleyes: she stinks to high heaven and back and has to go in the bath...which she hates!! lol PHEWWWWW!!!!:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice