Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

ROBO HAMSTER UNDER FLOOR!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by RyanH, Oct 8, 2018.

1. RyanH

RyanH PetForums Newbie

So today, as I was spot cleaning my girls’ cage, Buffy ran up my arm and quite literally leaped off of my shoulder, and I don’t know if any of you have had Robo hamsters but they are VERY fast. In the commotion of me trying to keep my second girlie, Willow, contained, buffy ran under my bed and before I could catch her, she went down an old radiator pipe hole and is now stuck under the floor/cavity lining. I’ve already pulled up the floorboards along the side where she is hiding, but I cannot physically get my hands into the gap to retrieve her. I’ve set up a “bucket trap” and also left her cage nearby for her to return to, with a train of goodies along the way. Where she is is a pretty tight squeeze and about a 1ft drop so I’ve had to fashion a ramp for her to climb back up with, but thus far my efforts have been fruitless. I’ve only had my girls for two weeks and I’m honestly distraught, and so is Buffy’s sister Willow! Does anyone else have any other suggestions besides the waiting game? I’m just very impatient because I’m fearing for her, as where she is is full of fibreglass and various scraps of wood and mess!! :( -Ryan

2. MrSnowy

MrSnowy PetForums Newbie

Mine did that when I was a kid. He came back up in the end so yeah leave ramp and food on the end. Try two ramps, one where you spend most of your evenings as you’ll hear her scratching around and may be able to grab her. May take weeks but leave food and water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice