Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Riva

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by rhondakelly, Jul 23, 2009.

1. rhondakelly

rhondakelly PetForums Newbie

Riva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all who answered me about my dog Riva and the supplements he was on for his liver.
    I wasn't happy with my vet so took him this morning for a second opionion. This new vet was fantastic and a lot more thorough and i ended up leaving my boy with him so he could go to the hospital for an ultrasound. Unfortunately they found a tumour but thought it might be just on his spleen which a dog doesn't need to survive. I was so positive this afternoon however when they did the surgery they found he had tumours on his spleen liver and kidney. They called me and said it probably kinder to put him to sleep while he under anasthetic. I consented to this and have just got back after seeing his body. He is going to be cremated. Bless him. My point is though the first vet did just write him off but at least i know now that i did everything possible for him and even though i feel awful for leaving him i know that he is at peace and i have done the most i could do for him the past 3 weeks. Riva i love you so much take care my little darling. Love you and know will see you again one day. X

2. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Sleep well little man..R.I.P Riva

3. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Bless you, i know what you are going through, my gsd went through the same thing 3 years ago and the vets phoned me while he was under anaesthetic and said he had a splenic tumour that had ruptured and affected other organs too and he was put to sleep on the table with my consent over the phone. I too visited him and had a cuddle for a bit of closure and had him cremated. I have his ashes back. I felt like my heart had been ripped out that day so i fully sympathise with you but you know you have done the right thing by your 'friend and soulmate' and that is all we can ever do. Try to get some sleep hun, things do get a little easier the longer time goes by. Remember the good days and relive the happy memories when you are ready.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice