Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Riva

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rhondakelly, Jul 22, 2009.

1. rhondakelly

rhondakelly PetForums Newbie

Thanks to all who answered me about my dog Riva and the supplements he was on for his liver.
    I wasn't happy with my vet so took him this morning for a second opionion. This new vet was fantastic and a lot more thorough and i ended up leaving my boy with him so he could go to the hospital for an ultrasound. Unfortunately they found a tumour but thought it might be just on his spleen which a dog doesn't need to survive. I was so positive this afternoon however when they did the surgery they found he had tumours on his spleen liver and kidney. They called me and said it probably kinder to put him to sleep while he under anasthetic. I consented to this and have just got back after seeing his body. He is going to be cremated. Bless him. My point is though the first vet did just write him off but at least i know now that i did everything possible for him and even though i feel awful for leaving him i know that he is at peace and i have done the most i could do for him the past 3 weeks. Riva i love you so much take care my little darling. Love you and know will see you again one day. X

2. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

So sorry to hear your sad news x like you said you did everything possible and you now have answers and are not left wondering x take care x

3. rhondakelly

rhondakelly PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your kindness. Am having a few glasses of wine with my hubby and looking at his photos. He was such a beautiful dog. X

4. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

soo sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I hope that you can have peace knowing you did all you could. Thinking of you. Take care.
    RIP - Riva

5. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

So sorry to hear about your loss

as you say at least you did everything you could and know it was the right thing

6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

What can one say at this sad time but thinking of you and you did everything you could

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice