Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RIP my darlings Thor and Rex

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by thorex, Oct 22, 2012.

1. thorex

thorex PetForums Member

My darlings,my soul mates. :crying::crying:
    Rex (RIP 14-12-10), Thor (RIP 03-02-11)

They say memories are golden
    well maybe that is true.
    I never wanted memories,
    I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
    a million times I cried.
    If love alone could have saved you
    you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
    In death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place
    no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
    and heartache make a lane,
    I'd walk the path to heaven
    and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
    and nothing seems the same.
    But as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

But until them, let me tell you both
    I love you and I miss you so.
    With a broken heart,your mummy :crying::crying:

2. househens

househens Guest

I'm sorry you lost them. I knew you had just been away and thought you must have just found them! Even the smallest creature can distress and haunt us.

3. thorex

thorex PetForums Member

My boys, the love of my life, crossed to the Rainbow Bridge nearly 2 years ago,first my darling Rex and just 1month and half later his brother,my protector Thor.
    I miss them every day, I can't even write about them without feeling the emptyness in my chest, they took a big chunk of my heart with them and I will only get it back when I meet them again.
    It may sound crazy, but some times I can't wait to be with them forever:crying:,
    if only I could kiss them one more time, one more cuddle, only one more day :crying::crying:
    My darling Rex
    [​IMG]
    My Teddy Tor
    [​IMG]
    Our last kiss a week before you broke my heart even more, you couldn't wait to be with your brother
    [​IMG]
    My darlings
    [​IMG]
    it is unbearable:crying::crying:

4. househens

househens Guest

Absolutely tragic they died so close together. Gorgeous dogs. Have you seen the blind GS dog rescued from Europe, that Ang2 is fostering? He has the kindest, most bewildered face.

Did England ever get Inspector Rex, about the German Shepherd Police Dog? You might enjoy it. One of the lead actors was pretty okay looking. Oops. Wasn't German series, it was Austrian.

The Italians loved Rex SO Much, they had Rex transferred to work in Italy. The Italians TRIED to do a Police dog/buddy series, but used a BORDER COLLIE!!!! and then they couldn't resist putting in a little strutting Italian stallion, who was the most appalling actor, so sometimes it was was SO bad, it was funny. Most of the time, it was awful. The dog was lovely but odd choice for a police dog series.

Do you foster in memory of your 2?

5. thorex

thorex PetForums Member

I started fostering when my boys still with me, I was devoted to them with all my heart and couldn't understand how people could do such a horrendous things to their pets so I wanted to help as many dogs as possible, nursing them back to health, teaching them that they have done nothing wrong, it was us, bloody humans, who should be panished for how we abuse their trust, and I really hope they all pay for what they have done, in this life or the next one.:cursing::cursing:

When my darlings crossed over the the Rainbow Bridge I was furious:cursing::cursing:,why were my darlings taken away from me, they were my life, I wanted them back and I didn't care about anything else so I said something to myself that I will always regret -I will never foster again,why should I care?-

That same day my boys were with me in my dreams, it was so real... and the told me that I was the best mummy in the all world:crying::crying: and I had to continue fostering for them, so I did.

6. dylanheyne

dylanheyne PetForums Newbie

I'm sorry for your lost. I know they are in a better place now. :(

7. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

1) Cause and Effect/Karma/As you reap...call it what you well. There is justice.

2) Non-pet owners wouldn't understand those sentiments, but we all do here. Sadly, only too well...

3) How wonderful! I don't doubt it for a second. They came to you in a dream. When humans pass over they try to get a message back to loved ones left behind, either some sign, direct or symbolic - that the loved one would understand, or in a dream vision like you experienced.
    There you are, you are obviously on the Animal Ray and helping those of the Animal Kingdom would seem to be your mission in life.
    When your 'time' comes and you pass over Thor and Rex will be there to greet you, with heartfelt gratitude for the love and kindness you showed them. Until that time, there are many others who need your love and kindness...

8. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

One of my FB buddies is doing great things for disadvantaged Rumanian dogs

Romanian Underdogs | Facebook

9. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

So sorry for your lossit so very hard when we lose our best friends , dont think i will ever heal losing my girl Kira , but i will be with her one day and this time i not ever leaving her or letting her leave me . I am going to be adopt an older dog thou i need to do something to help all the unwanted dogs , and i shall definately be taking one into my home so i can love and cherish it like i did my girl

10. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry for your loss of your Beautiful Boys.
    I know how heart breaking this is for you. I lost two of my cats within 24 hours last January.
    I think we never really get over loosing our loved ones. We just learn to carry on.
    I am sure you will meet up with your boys one Day. I do think the same and that's what helps me carry on.
    You never think you could love another again but somehow we do.
    I cherish my pets and everyday I tell them I love them. They are my world.
    I think Fostering is a Lovely thing to do and I am sure Thor and Rex are very proud of you for helping poor unfortunate Dogs.

11. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

So sorry for the loss of both your boys - You lost Thor on the exact same day and date that I lost my lovely Lotti xxxxxxxxxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice