Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RIP Monty

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by hayleyb, May 25, 2010.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

Ohs dog has passed this morning.

He's been poorly some time with a problem with his swallowing. hes been on steroid tablets and has been in and out of the vets.

his sister let him out this mornin and then when his mam got up he was lyin in the garden. they not sure wat happened but the vets think he may have choked.

he was 12 years old and lived a very eventful and happy life. i jst pray he didnt suffer.

oh is in bits and now has to go to work, i jst dunno wat to say to him to console him, theres no words that can make things rite.

i jst hope hes happy chasing sticks and running wild somewhere and for him to know we'll all miss him

2. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Sorry for your loss.
    RIP Monty.

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

oh what a shame :(

12 is a grand old age for a dog and i'm sure he's had a wonderful life, make sure your OH remembers the good times instead of dwelling on Monty passing away, it is horrid but he will feel better with time.

Do you have any pics of Monty anywhere? maybe in the next few days/weeks you could make up a little scrapbook of piccies of him, i'm sure your OH will love it once he's over the initial shock & feels ready to smile about him - just a thought :)

Run free Monty x

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss.
    I agree with Verbatim making a scrapbook of pics of Monty would be lovely to have.
    I think we all have to go through the bereavement bit first but hopefully after a few days the memories of Monty will bring a smile back.
    Having lost one of our cats 18 months ago i too was in bits and i think having a scrapbook of her would have been lovely.
    I had plenty of help from my friends and family and when i use to wake up in the night crying my Husband was always there for me.
    R.I.P Dear Monty and run free at rainbow bridge x

5. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thankyou all for your lovely comments. we have been sent some fotos of him which at the mo is makin oh worse but i have sed we'll find a really good one and put it in a frame on the matle piece

like you say he was a grand age at 12 and had a fantastic run, but unfortunatley that doesnt always justify anythin .

thankyou again for your comments

6. danniehowens

danniehowens PetForums Junior

I am sorry for your loss and I honestly know how you feel. I lost my Murphy on may the 6th 3 days before my birthday, Its now the 27th and I still feel like my better half is missing. I have made a video of him for myself and when I watch it I can cry but there happy memories.
    My thoughts are with you. I just hope no one rushes your grieving prosses thats the problem i have had.

7. Forget-me-not

Forget-me-not PetForums Member

I agree with all the above comments. Grieving is a process that has to be worked through. I lost my darling cat Felix on 25th of January at the age of 10. I had to take the day off work as I couldn't stop crying. Fortunately my boss is a pet lover so she understood. He had FIV from when he was newborn so I console myself that he did well to make it to 10 years. But I can still cry about it. I think it's harder for men though as they are discouraged from showing emotion. What I found helped was to let it all out. Have you seen the film Marley and me? Watch it with your OH and have a greet together. Remember the good times and the fact that you and your OH feel pain now is testament to the love you had for Monty which he no doubt reciprocated.

8. WENDY517

WENDY517 PetForums Member

sorry to hear of montys passing
    hope he happy and free from pain,
    hope he didnt suffer to long, hes better of where he is,
    we cant explain why these things happen,
    its such a sad time when you loose an animal so close to you.
    sleep well monty
    and be free at the bridge
    love monty xxx

Attached Files:

#8 WENDY517, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  9. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

So sorry:frown: RIP Monty

10. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

Aw hun, i`m so sorry for your loss.. 12 is a good age and i`m sure he`s had 12 excellent years, really sorry hun xx R.I.P Monty xx run free at rainbow bridge x

11. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thankyou for your support. its a shame you feel you havnt been able to grieve much. i am bein very supportive for my oh and altho i never new monty as long as he i jst keep thinkin how id feel if it was my cats.

thankyou everyone for your wonderful words, its a shame we are joined by such sad circumstances but i love the fact we are all here for each other

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice