Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

RIP Little One

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by flosskins, Oct 22, 2012.

1. flosskins

flosskins PetForums Senior

My girl just had the one kitten on 18th Oct and he was doing really well, feeding within an hour of birth, gaining weight nicely. He didn't seem 100% last night as his bottom was a bit wet but was still moving, squeaking and feeding and wasn't dehydrated. This morning he was cold and not feeding but still not dehydrated and not with us, but wouldn't take any substitue milk or any liquid from me or his mum and an hour later died. I'm so upset and just can't work out why he went downhill so fast after such a good start. We have another litter as well who are a day older and appear to be doing well but I'm terrified we could lose them as well.

2. sharon_gurney

sharon_gurney PetForums VIP

sorry that you lost one of your babies, it seems so unfair.. I know how your feeling as ive lost 2 from my latest litter over the last couple of weeks.

sometimes babies just dont make it for what looks like no apparent reason.
    Im sure remaining babies will do justfine.

good luck with them

3. Bottroll

Bottroll PetForums Member

Sorry for your loss :( was the kittens mouth blue ? If so could of been a respiratory problem. We lost one the other week at 5 day old for that reason, But as said above could be so many reasons and short of having the vet do a autopsy you will never know :( sadly some kittens are just not meant to be in his world :(

#3 Bottroll, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  4. Tamiyamumma

Tamiyamumma PetForums Member

So sorry to hear you lost one. Hope you and mum are ok xxx

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

so very sorry you lost the kitten, i have everything crossed your other litter are ok.

6. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear you lost one, it is devastating when this happens isn't it.

RIP little one x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice