Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ridiculous Forum Admin!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SLB, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Not you guys! ;)

I'm on another forum, albeit I won't be there much longer. The admin was unable to carry out an adult debate. It was about the farmer and the collies. Basically he disagreed with 90% of his forum members who posted on it. Then started deleting posts, called me an Ass! And banned a few members who disagreed with him. Then he's disabled the PM system because people were sharing personal details. The last time I checked PERSONAL details were those of the person who owned them and it was for them to decide what they shared or not.

I have now been banned from using the PM system because I have "abused it" by asking people for their FB names and emails for certain things. And now all my posts and threads have to be moderated before they are on the public forum.

All I really said to him on that thread was that it sounded like he wanted his forum to be pink and fluffy.

:rolleyes:: :crazy:

2. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Sounds like you're better off leaving! (the other forum not this :D)

3. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Haha, it is fun and games over there isn't it ;) I am surprised I haven't got more of those stupid infractions because I have had a few arguments with him... I actually find it kind of fun now, and even more so now since I don't give a damn about getting banned :p We are better off without him... let's face it, he needs us more than we need him :p at least we have here, and the other place :D

4. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I know but I met a lot of people over there and those people have remained close, oh wait - I can't post or pm them..

5. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

You'll have to go back as a newbie under a false name to contact those that you like :D

Oh, that wouldn't work coz they wouldn't know they liked you if you get my meaning :eek:

6. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Haha, yep... so whats the point??? :p Also, you can use the FB, here and the new place to talk to everyone :D

And, she would need to use a different computer because he checks the IP address if he gets suspicious :rolleyes:

7. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Sounds like a paranoid admin. Or maybe they have nothing better in their life to do...

8. househens

househens Guest

Get a friend to join, pm your chums, tell them something only you and they would know, say you have been censored and can't pm and would they join you in blah to talk.

9. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

did anyone keep a transcript of that thread cos as usual I missed it (why do I always miss the fun , lol)

10. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

i was halfway though reading it when it vanished :( i always miss the good stuff.

11. Nagini

Nagini Guest

this is the same admin that won't allow the word facebook anywhere on their site isn't it? keeps snipping links even to facebook rescue pages!:rolleyes: was on there for a bit but left coz it's shitz!:D

12. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

If you want me to PM people I can do it for you seeing as nobody knows what my name is over there ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice